Frequently Asked Application Questions
Note: See our general FAQ if you have questions about eligibility and/or the program itself.
When should we submit our application?
By the early deadline listed on the schedule page for the program in which you’re interested. Why?
1. It gives us more adequate time to get to know you and your team.
2. You can add video URLs and details about your progress prior to the final deadline.
3. Demonstrating your progress between the early deadline and the final deadline always works in your favor.
4. Although we review every application we receive, you will be ahead of the game beating the influx of the hundreds of applications we receive at the eleventh hour.
5. If you apply early enough, we may invite you to attend Techstars For A Day, space permitting. This is not a required step, but it can be a great way to learn more about Techstars and for us to get to know each other better.
What is a business video?
A demo and introduction to your team.
I already submitted my application but I need to update it / make changes.
If it’s still before the final deadline, you can log-in at any time and use the notes field. Once you submit, your answers are no longer editable but you can provide details about changes, your progress, and new video URLs by adding notes to your application.
Where can I upload letters of recommendation / videos / attachments to my application?
We prefer them as a URL.
Help! I need to change something in my application / add my application to another city but don’t have access.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details.