Thanks for your interest in Techstars mentorship-driven accelerators! Below you can find more information about our application questions and what we are looking for so you can prepare to apply for one of our programs.
- We use a platform called F6S to accept applications. When you click one of our links to the application you’ll be asked to create a profile. Please make sure you provide an email you are checking so we can send you critical application updates.
- The application consists of three parts: company information, team information, and detailed questions about your team, market, progress, and idea.
- Each one of our programs has its own application so you can choose which program is best, plus one additional 2nd choice program.
- Multiple applications do not increase your chances of acceptance, so pick the program that is the best fit for you.
Application Questions — the team and company stuff is straightforward (we always love hearing about something cool you built so , so below are the additional questions we’ll ask you about.
Because we know you are busy also running a company, make sure you pay attention to the character limits and focus on answering the question.
- Program choice — we’ll ask you to confirm your first choice program and then want to know, why are you specifically interested in the above selected program? If the program is with a corporate partner, how do you envision engaging with them? (500 characters)
- Then select a 2nd choice or let us know if you are only interested in one program or need additional support picking!
- Please describe your company and the problem you’re solving. (280 characters)
- How is your solution uniquely addressing this problem? (500 characters)
- How will your company change the world? What is the big picture and vision? (1000 characters)
- Please explain why your team is uniquely qualified to solve this problem. How long have you been working together and how did the co-founders meet? Is there someone on your team building your technology? (1000 characters)
- List if each founder is working on this full-time or part-time so we can better understand your resource allocation to this point. If accepted into the program, can all founders attend the accelerator in person full-time? (500 characters)
- Please provide your revenue/customer/user growth KPIs or metrics. Include totals and month-over-month growth for the last six months. If your product is not yet in the market, how are you tracking progress – ie. LOIs/MOUs, waitlist sign-ups, or other indicators of early market demand? (1000 characters)
- How do you plan to acquire customers/users? (500 characters)
- If you have applied to Techstars before, what’s changed since your last application? (500 characters)
- Please explain any capital raised to date and terms (1000 characters)
- What is your monthly burn and how much runway do you have? (500 characters)
- Please list names and websites of 3-5 of your competitors. (500 characters)
- Please list all shareholders (including founders, employees and investors) of the company that own at least 5% equity, including their title and percentage. (1000 characters)
- Have you previously attended any accelerators, incubators or similar programs? (500 characters)
Finally, we’ll want to hear additional insight from you — like what made you realize you had to apply, if you have attended a past accelerator or similar program, if you want to hear from our corporate partners, and confirmation of your application.