Startup Weekend is an action packed weekend of entrepreneurial learning, execution, and fun. With such a short timeframe for teams to build a new idea, it’s amazing to see what they come out with.
That said, Startup Weekend is still a competition to see who can create the best idea, MVP, and present the viable business in the short 54-hour period – and competitions aren’t competition without an awesome basket of prizes to be won. So let’s take a look at what’s up for grabs!
Prizes for the Winning Team
- $3,000 worth of in-kind accounting services from Smythe Ratcliffe
- Legal services including incorporation and company set-up from Miller Titerle
- Spot to pitch your idea at Cascadia Summit, including a demo table to show off your stuff
- A one-year Wistia team account valued at $1,200
- One-year worth of Unbounce services valued at $1,200
- A membership package to The Profile Coworking Business Club including meeting space
- Startup Framework and UI Kit for building your company website from the good folks at Designmodo
- Two tickets to the Startup Weekend NEXT program in San Francisco
- A spot in an upcoming Capital Raising for Entrepreneurs workshop presented by Spring.is
- Complementary courses and seminars on small business from Small Business BC
- 3-months team membership to Launch Academy
That’s not all though. We also have some alternate prizes for teams that meet other criteria.
Best Purpose-Driven Idea
Spring.is is also offering the team with the “Best Purpose-Driven Idea” a full scholarship to their next Kick accelerator cohort, plus a seat to an upcoming Capital Raising for Entrepreneurs workshop.
Best Use of Crypto-Currency or Decentralized Tech
The team that demonstrates the best use of crypto-currency, decentralized technology, and/or gift economy will be awarded the Decentralized Technology Prize. The prize consists of a 3-month membership at Decentral Vancouver for the entire team. This includes a choice of either a drop-in or premium membership. Included in this package are write ups and tweets in the crypto-spaces most influential blogs and their Startup Bitcoin Launch Pack to help get you better set-up in the crypto space.
Global Startup Battle Prizes
But wait! There’s more!
As our Startup Weekend event is participating in Global Startup Battle, the top 3 teams will also be able to compete in the exclusive Champion’s Track against other winning startups from around the world for even more prizes!
There are also addition tracks open to all teams that compete in Startup Weekend where you can still win some of the awesome prizes.
There are still a small handful of tickets available to Startup Weekend Vancouver on Nov 14-16 so if you don’t have your ticket yet, what are you waiting for?