Kansas City Startup Weekend #10 kicked off with a great opening by our facilitator, Wendy Overton. She got the attendees and Friday night pitch spectators going with a rock, paper, scissors championship.
Kevin McGinnis with Pinsight Media+ and the Sprint Accelerator, followed up with an inspirational talk about building relationships at Startup Weekend. He mentioned a number of his friends and business opportunities have come from his multiple Startup Weekend experiences.
Then it was time! The pitches began and went on until 15 ideas had been put on the table. Here’s what was pitched:
- RigRPG – Social platform for A/V specialist to post their rigs
- Amplifier – Chain links devices to stream same music source
- Change for Good – Solution for users to round up their purchases to make a donation to a charity
- Percentile Budgeting – Simple budgeting app that leverages percentages to allocate budgets
- Rent to Me – Airbnb for renters, brings the landlord to the person looking
- Empathy Chat – Tinder for meeting pen-pals
- Help Connect – Peer to peer volunteering opportunities
- Electric Hooka – Electric based heating element for hooka pipes
- Thunderbird Unicorn – Creates a new experience replacing business cards
- Unleashed – Fitness app fighting obesity
- Seeds – Hybrid seed solution
- KC Daily Deeds – Crowd sourcing ideas for charities
- Home Connect – Information aggregator for in home climate control
- Get the Job – Interviewing practice app
- Home Décor – App that provides home decoration suggestions based off of personal preferences and budgets
Let the voting begin! After a bit of mingling time for pitchers to convince others to give them one of their coveted three votes.
With votes tallied, a total of seven teams were formed to take on the next 51 hours of the weekend!
We’ll keep you informed, and come see the final products Sunday afternoon (meal included)! Join us!