2014 saw the return of Startup Weekend Swansea. Like the first event it was a huge success, with another nine teams formed over the weekend. A weekend full of excitement, networking, collaborating (and blood, sweat and beers!) saw Skippr taking the 1st place, with Delegator 2nd and Innovo 3rd.
We also saw three teams enter the Global Startup Battle, which was previously won by Adlet. While Innovo made it through to the finals, the competition was very high and 2014 sadly did not see Swansea do the double.
Startup Weekend Swansea has a fantastic success rate; of the 18 teams formed over the two events nine are still trading, well above the overall Startup Weekend continuation rate of 35%.
While we are starting to plan this year’s event, we thought it would be nice to share UP Global’s 2014 Impact report which provides a look into the work of the community and highlights the numbers and stories from around the globe that made this year special.
Hopefully these stories and figures will inspire you to join us at this year’s Startup Weekend and help us continue to show the UK and the rest of the world why Swansea is one of the best places to create your startup.
- View the growing numbers of our powerful community
- Relive the UP Global Summit in Las Vegas
- Read how entrepreneurship is thriving in Syria
- Learn how Community Leaders are providing everyone access to Startup Weekend
- See our programs’ latest numbers – including funding raised by Startup Next alumni
- View the incredible number of Startup Weekend events in 2014
- Check out how Startup Week rocked it’s first year
- Read the White Paper we created with Google to foster thriving startup ecosystems
This report is dedicated to the hard work and passion of the Community Leaders who are committed to supporting, building, and sustaining entrepreneurship in their own backyards. They are the leaders of the entrepreneurial movement and the basis of the world’s largest network of innovators. Congratulations to our family of Community Leaders on another awesome year! Thank you for all you do!