#GLSW2016 supports the innovators, visionaries, dreamers, and trailblazers in our community. Whether it’s an app or new piece of unique hardware, a new service or a new product, this is where you can take your idea from #imaginary to #innovationIRL!
At the close of the weekend, teams present their startup and receive feedback from judges. The top 2 teams will receive a prize package of services to help them continue their momentum from the weekend.
Prize packages have been carefully curated to provide some of the services that a startup will need to hit the ground running.
The two top teams from startup weekend will each receive:
- A yearlong membership to MatchBOX Coworking Studio.
- A consultation with Thieme and Adair CPAs. Every startup needs help figuring out the financial side of the business. Thieme and Adair is donating 2 hours of time to getting you up to speed on the financial side of your startup.
- An entity formation package from Gutwein Law that includes counsel and prepared documents / required state filings to form your company.
The top team will also receive these prizes in addition to those above:
- Video content creation for your startup/product by Marshall Camera. This includes:
a one hour pre-production meeting to learn who you are, what you need to communicate, etc; a follow up pre-production meeting to go over the shoot and details; a shoot day up to 8 hours that can include interviews and b-roll; a final video from 1-2min long with ability to post anywhere online.
- UX/UI consultation with Austin Toombs. This includes Experience Research and Design consultation that can focus on your choice of: design decisions, justifications, and approaches; discussions about how to approach various user experience-focused research questions; feedback on proposed testing strategies; or some combination thereof.
- Software coding and design consultation with Howard Nodine of Salus. Details to come!
- Priority consideration for the Property Law Clinic offered by IU Maurer School of Law’s Center for Intellectual Property Research Intellectual aimed at helping inventors, entrepreneurs, and/or small businesses, with a variety of intellectual property law matters, including (but not limited to) patent, trademark, and/or copyright assistance.
- 1 Standard QuickBooks Company File Setup by CommonSense QuickBooks. This includes: setup of your QuickBooks Data file with 2 bank accounts, 2 credit card accounts, a custom Chart of Accounts, sales tax setup and up to 20 items on your Item List, the things your company sells; an hour in an online consult getting it installed on your computer and linked with your QuickBooks software. (You must own a license for a supported version of QuickBooks 2014, 2015, or 2016 to take full advantage of this prize!)
We are so excited for our winning #GLSW2016 teams! Thanks to our sponsors for donating their time and expertise to helping these promising ventures take their business from #imaginary to #innovationIRL.
And here’s where you can buy your ticket: https://glsw2016.eventbrite.com
See you at #GLSW2016!