Startup Next Hong Kong is proud to present you the 8 teams that were selected for our second cohort!
When we brought UP Global’s programs (now Techstars Startup Programs) to Hong Kong in November 2011, little did we know how big our community would be 4 years later. Excitingly, we went from half a dozen of organisers to over 50; 70 alumni to 1,500+ and 1 edition to 16! An additional achievement is bringing Startup Next to Hong Kong for a cohort in fall 2015.
Startup Next, a Techstars program, is the #1 startup pre-acceleration program in the world
It prepares startups for accelerators and seed investment, by providing high quality mentorship and leveraging a global network of investors, mentors and founders.
The program is designed in such a way that founders are able to continue building their product, since it’s part time and consists of 3-hour weekly sessions for 6 weeks. The program is free of charge and no equity is taken.
Even though Startup Next is part of Techstars, it’s not exclusively preparing startups for Techstars accelerator programs. Over time we have built a strong network of accelerators and investors worldwide and work closely with them to refer our accelerator/investor-ready alumni.
We are back for Spring 2016 and things look great already!
With the help of W Hub, we selected 8 teams out of 81 applications and met them for the first time on April 5th. The entrepreneurs will be under a lot of pressure to grow their business and make sure they are ready to pitch at our Demo Day late May.
- myfairtool – digital solution to increase business results on trade shows
- TapTab.io – a DIY platform to create interactive music lessons
- ME Solution – E-Learning Platform for High School Students
- Pilgrim Coffee – a community-built worldwide map of specialty coffee
- Vaultarch – securing the world’s collectable cards against counterfeit, fraud & loss
- Todi – smart door lock using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technologies
- Coinvenience – machines converting spare foreign currencies into useful outputs
- Steel Available – marketplace for customized steel products dedicated to the heavy industry
We have partnered with great organisations to provide opportunities for our teams and open doors for them:
You can find more about our lead mentors, mentors and speakers on our event’s page here.