Startup Weekend Bozeman April 17 – 19, 2015
Demo Day Pitch Order
- Burrito Gram
- The Bong Along
- Be Prepared Packs
- The SoapBox
- Each team will have 6 minutes to present.
- When presenting, the room is yours. Use any visual aids you want. Make it interactive if you can. But remember that you have 6 minutes.
- Judges will have 5 minutes to ask questions and get feedback from teams. Judging criteria listed below.
- We will alert you when you have one minute remaining. We will not allow pitches to go long; some of the judging panel members need to leave at a certain time.
- We will be very strict on timing.
- Did the team get out and talk to customers?
- Are they actually solving a problem?
- What’s their clear value proposition to that customer?
- Have they identified a specific target market?
Execution and Design:
- Did they work well as a team?
- Did they have an MVP or prototype (paper is ok) to present?
- How functional was the demo?
- Was the usability of the product easy and friendly? Design Matters!
- Does their solution solve a core need/problem?
- Did they present a value proposition
- Is it unique?
- How will they differentiate themselves from their competition (did they identify competition)?
- What is the go-to-market/launch strategy?
- How will they make money?
- What is the user acquisition model?
Startup Weekend Bozeman Judges:
- Susan Carstensen, Angel Investor and Former CFO of RightNow Technologies
- Richard Harjes, Entrepreneur and Venture Investor
- Mark Jacobs, CEO of MeBox Media and Business Turn-Around Guru
- Liz Marchi, Fund Coordinator at Frontier Angel Fund II
- Will Price, Venture Capitalist and Entrepreneur
Thank you for participating in Startup Weekend Bozeman! We are excited to see how your ideas have developed over the weekend. Good luck!
Startup Weekend Bozeman Organizing Team
Ken, Rick, Kris, and Cody