Each year we strive to make Startup Weekend Swansea bigger and better and, like The Clash’s London Calling, the Nintendo 64 or The Matrix Revolutions (okay, maybe not), third time’s a charm and boy, do we have a great third year lined up.
This year’s event, as always, will take place on the final week of Global Entrepreneurship Week, Friday 20th – Sunday 22nd November 2015. This means that teams formed over the weekend not only have the chance to meet amazing people, form a new business and win some great prizes, they also have the chance to enter the Global Startup Battle.
Here’s three reasons why you should attend this year:
1. You meet the right kind of people
Everyone attending a Startup Weekend is there for the same reason – they want to start a business. If someone is willing to give up their weekend (and crazy enough to spend 54 hours working on a concept with people they only just met), you know they’re the sort of people you want to have around on your entrepreneurial journey.
2. Get validation for your idea
So you’ve got a great idea for a business, now you need to know that it’s something others are going to buy into and a Startup Weekend is a great way to validate.
- The teams are formed on the Friday night based on the pitches that were the most popular, so you’ll know from the off if your idea is good.
- On the Sunday the top 3 teams are picked by the judges based on various criteria (something we’ll cover in another post). Making it into the top 3 tells you other business people think it’s a winner.
- You have the chance to enter the Global Startup Battle…if you make it through to the finals or win one of the categories you know you’re really onto a great idea!
3. You get a such buzz
Startup Weekends are such an energising place to be. Everyone is so focused and its amazing to see what you and other can create in just a couple of days. You’ll leave on the Sunday night buzzing with energy and totally inspired, ready to take on the world.
Earlybird tickets for Startup Weekend Swansea 2015 are now available and, at a third off the the standard price, are selling fast. If you think you have what it takes to launch a business in just 54 hours and want to meet new people, learn new skills and have the chance to win prizes worth over $10,000 click here to grab your ticket..