Startup Weekend is held thanks to our partners and sponsors. This year we are glad to welcome Under Development Office as a Platinum sponsor.
Under Development Office may not sound familiar, but they are a growing business right now, on the Romanian software market, and are interested in making Romanian startups shine. They are starting this by supporting our event.
UDO started as a small software company in 2011 and grew bigger and bigger by the year, offering competitive software solutions to medium and large organisations. Right now they have gathered a complex portfolio that holds some of the greater companies on the European market such as PwC, Deloitte, Volkswagen and others.
Right now UDO is focusing on supporting smaller companies, with great focus on startups. Their strategy implies empowering entrepreneurs in developing companies that bring change and innovation to various industry sectors.
This year Under Development Office is offering a special prize to one of the participating teams at SWB. They will support the MVP development of a selected idea and will support its founders in bringing their idea into reality by teaming up with them in creating a great product. We are glad to be the first event that benefits of Under Development Office’s new development strategy and hope to become long time partners in supporting innovative businesses.
Got your ticket to Startup Weekend? Are you thinking of attending, but you’d like to know what the incentives are? Look no further, we’re disclosing our awards for the Startup Weekend competition 2016. Are you ready to rumble?
- From our partners at The Grape, 1 Unlimited Membership Plan for one month for the team – maximum 3 members at a time. Also, they have 1 Free Unlimited Weekend for whole team, just so you can take your business from idea to reality.
- ProteckMark will offer a 1500 lei discount for registering three classes of marks at OSIM, so your business is up, running and legal.
- Train2perform, our human resources management partner, will offer you a 4 hours Teamwork training, so your team will be well formed and ready to embrace the entrepreneurial adventure.
- As we all know paperwork is a hustle for those without experience, so Avisso jumps in with 100% discount for consultancy services offered for setting up your company.
- Marius Ursache, our mentor at the event and at MIT Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp, Singularity University and startup accelerators around the world, will offer you 3 hours of tailored mentorship.
- Adrian Pica, mentor at Startupbootcamp, Founders Institute, Spherik Accelerator, Sprint Point accelerator and master of workshops on Lean Startup, MVP creation and early stage startup at several universities (Maastricht University, Bolzano University, Trento University, Timisoara University, Cluj University) will upgrade you with 3 hours of mentorship.
- 2 sessions of individual coaching for each member of the team will be provided by Felicia Stoica, a Professional Systemic Coach, trained by Alain Cardon, MCC within an intensive Coaching program. As in she really know what she does.
- From our partners at The Grape, one 3 Days/Week Membership Plan for one month for the team – maximum 3 members at a time. Also, one Free Unlimited Weekend for whole team.
- ProteckMark will offer a 750 lei discount for registering three classes of marks at OSIM, so your business is up, running and legal.
- Avisso jumps in with 75% discount for consultancy services offered for setting up your company.
- Marius Ursache will offer you 2 hours of tailored mentorship.
- Adrian Pica will upgrade you with 2 hours of mentorship.
- 2 sessions of individual coaching for each member of the team will be provided by Felicia Stoica.
- From our partners at The Grape, one part-time Membership Plan for one month for the team – working hours: 16:00 – 19:30.
- ProteckMark will offer a 500 lei discount for registering three classes of marks at OSIM, so your business is up, running and legal.
- Avisso jumps in with 50% discount for consultancy services offered for setting up your company.
- Marius Ursache will offer you 1 hours of tailored mentorship.
- Adrian Pica will upgrade you with 1 hours of mentorship.
- 2 sessions of individual coaching for each member of the team will be provided by Felicia Stoica.
- Romsoft will give to any of the teams a special award, consisting of 1 year subscription to Lynda, LinkedIn’s learning tool that offers over 4,000 courses on Microsoft, Adobe, and Apple products, as well as business skills, computer programming and web design, audio and video tools, and more, all taught by industry experts.
Gather your team, set up your goal and come get our ‘shiny’ prizes. What are you waiting for?
Pick 9 people with totally different backgrounds and ask them to get together to plan and organize a Startup Weekend event in Bucharest. That’s what David and Alin have done and so far we’re having the best time in getting this event done.
Spending our Sunday nights brainstorming and planning an event that has had a 3 years pause in Bucharest is no easy task, but challenges are welcome in our team. We are indeed a diverse bunch of folks, from entrepreneurs, engineers to communication and online marketing experts, and we’re mixing all the skills and passion we have in order to make a memorable event.
Our team consists of a bunch of wonderful folks that we are glad to present:
David Timis (Google)
Alin Apostu (Romanian Business Leaders)
Mihai Toader-Pasti (EFdeN, EnergiaTa, RoGBC)
Liliana Simionescu (Team 365 Associates, Casa Jurnalistului)
Ioana Alexandra Frincu (Motric, Rotaract)
Cristi Neacsu (Cegeka Romania)
Liviu Grandl (AIESEC Bucharest, The Alternative University)
Elena Bicher (Promocrat)
Irina-Paula Albu (TechAngels Romania)
Startup Weekend Bucharest is 100% a volunteers work, so we are happy to put up our energy and time in the game to organize this event.
We’re interrupting your local announcement to tell you more about what took place this weekend.
Startup Weekend Timisoara #5 started on Friday evening with 16 pitches. All the participants went through organized chaos and figured out that they should be working together within 7 legendary teams: Thumb wars, Money, Trainerz.co, Fitzilla, Movie lingua & Smart ticket. Find them on f6s.com.
We’re all about learning at Startup Weekend and we hope that together we managed to grow. We had two workshops on Saturday that helped increase the know-how level with one talking about Business Model Canvas and the other one making sure your pitch will be out of this world.
On Sunday, the pressure started to appear whilst teams were getting ready for the final presentations. They had only 5 minutes to present how their product was validated, how they built an MVP and how they will be making money. The judges were ready, and the teams delivered their pitches with style.
At the end it all came down to figuring out how did the teams perform in relation with one-another. And thus the judges deliberated [drum roll]
Fitzilla – 3rd place
Movie lingua – 2nd place
.. and the winner of SWTimisoara #5 is…. Smart ticket!
We’re here to support all of the teams in their endeavour and to push them forward into working on their projects, learning and then pivoting some more. Make sure you join our Facebook group in order to be able to reach to anybody within the community.
We’re working on uploading all of the media files from the event and we’re really happy that our viewers were able to be present via on-line streaming. You can already find pictures on SWTimisoara Facebook page, Friday pitches on the Youtube channel here.
Stay tuned for more!
We really appreciate your support and we assure you it got noticed!
The awesome t-shirts and prizes powered by Blue Couch Digital. The participants, mentors and organizers were really proud to be wearing them & of course, the winning teams were really happy about winning the prizes!
Telenav helped us by making sure we have everything we need to run a proper event. They were also the ones who supported us first, and it’s their 2nd time in a row partnering up with us.
We had an amazing array of partners who helped us make a great event and we’d like to thank you all: hackTM, Techsylvania, 150Sec, ABC Accelerator, The Hub, MemoryStudio, Ambasada, Senneviile, Universitatea de Vest, Ctrl-D, AIESEC, ESN & Best Timisoara.
On behalf of the whole community in Timisoara, we’d like to thank you!
Guys and girls, yesterday was an awesome Friday where we met our amazing participants which had a bunch of great and fresh business ideas. There were a total of 16 pitches. Everything was live streamed.
Here is a link where you can rewatch it on our facebook page.
Let’s have a look at the ideas that were chosen to validate, worked on and presented on Sunday evening. You’ll be able to reserve a spot for the final presentations here.
1. Be more functional – is all about improving fitness experience;
2. Thumb work- is a multiplayer video game on iOS;
3. Smart ticket- want to help improve transportation, make it easier for people;
4. Language Helper – all about new and fun ways you can learn a new language;
5. Money – these guys want to create an app for managing your money. The MONEY BOT lines in your messenger;
6. Smart Assistant – app that helps you to organize your time;
7. Biro – making bureaucracy easier.
You can also take a peek on all the teams which participate here.
We are excited to see what the participants are gonna create during this weekend.
We wish them lots of luck!
A few hours left till the big event!
Tell your friends to stay tuned – you’ll be sharing your experiences and ideas as you go full speed ahead on your project. Why? Because Telekom’s got us covered!
Our friends at Telekom have a keen interest in start-ups and technology innovation (obviously!), and so they lent a hand by offering us the best they have – internet connection.
So leave your packed data at home and buckle up – you’ll be sending your updates at 4G speed.
It’s the final countdown for the announcements out there. Stay tuned for all the funky swag&prizes related announcements we’ve got installed aaand until then we interrupt your regular mentor-sponsor shouts to let you know that we’ll have plenty of food and sweets to keep you energized and up&going within the weekend.
All of the above means that the drinks are on you 🙂
This year has been a little harder in terms of the budget and we’ll be looking into improving this for next editions.
Also, let us know if there’s anything we can help with before the event. An e-mail will go your way soon with all the details, locations for non-loco attendees and things you can browse before the event.
SWeeTM Team over and out!
As the main event is approaching, we’re proudly announcing another super-mentor for this year’s edition of Startup Weekend Timisoara.
Tatatadam… Here comes Ciprian Man, the man who’ll amaze you next weekend at the 5th edition of Startup Weekend Timisoara.
UnifiedPost is a company that simplifies critical business processes by fully exploiting digital technology, giving businesses the freedom to focus on what they do best while also enabling them to expand their business and EBIG is an outstanding marketing company founded in 2005.
When he’s not working, he is volunteering at Save the Children in Timiş, and because of his passion and dedication, he is now a board member and a superhero in the organization.
Because of this awesomeness, we call him, “The Man”!
Lucian Daniliuc is another one of our awesome mentors who will share his experience at this edition of Startup Weekend Timisoara. He will be there to answer all your questions regarding your startup.
Lucian was the development team leader for one of the largest real-estate portal in Romania, Imobiliare.ro. He also developed Monitive.com which monitors services that check the customers site every minute, from all around the world and instantly notify them when an outage occurs. We also found out that, because of his hobby of photography, he has founded Evive, a calendar of artistic and cultural events that will occur in Timisoara and surroundings.