Everyone at the Startup Weekend event has an opportunity to pitch their idea. At some events, this can mean upwards to 60 people pitching their ideas. One of the most common Questions regarding the Pitch is How or What does the pitch need to include.
The suggested format of a Pitch should include all 5 Elements listed below:
- Who are you and what is your background [5-10 seconds]
- What is the problem your product or idea is solving [10-20 seconds]
- Explain the product/idea and how it solves the problem [10-20 seconds]
- Who do you need on your team (developer, legal, marketing,etc) [5-10 seconds]
- Make up a name for your Startup so the Facilitator can associate it with the person pitching.