By Jennifer Cabala, Techstars VP of Community
We want to send a big thank you to everyone who participated in Techstars Global Startup Weekend 2018 during global entrepreneurship week! We are awed and inspired by the 10,000+ attendees in 61 countries who came out to the ultimate startup experience; to innovate, forge new bonds, and experience three days of highs and lows of building startups!
Six regional winners of TGSW were announced earlier this week. They started their journey in November with nothing but an idea, and made it to the regional finals of this one-of-a-kind startup experience.
Now our amazing global judges have picked a winner for the Techstars Global Startup Weekend Showcase:
Techstars Startup Weekend Orlando
GamerMeetups.com, in their own words: “For video gamers who attend events, it is hard to easily locate accurate interest specific event information. GamerMeetups.com is an online unified platform of current accurate and useful gaming event information that connects video gamers with event organizers. Event Organizers register and post free or ticketed events to an event page on the platform. Registered gamers receive notifications of nearby upcoming events specific to their interests and can purchase tickets for events from the platform.”
GamerMeetups.com will receive the following prizes:
- WeWork Hot Desk: Hot desk for six months. Access to any open seat in the common area! Just show up, set up shop, and get to work.
- Google for Startups Cloud Credits: $100k in Google Cloud credits!
- ClassPass membership: Get an all-access membership to a global network of 10,000 fitness studios, or try their at home videos. Four $100 gift cards toward memberships.
- Rocketbook Everlast: The Rocketbook Everlast provides a classic pen and paper experience, yet is reusable and connected to the cloud. Four notebooks for the team.
- Deluxe .CO Swag Bag: Swag bags for your team from our partners at .CO, including LSTN headphones, Portable Bluetooth Speaker, and more.
Find a Techstars Startup Weekend near you, and experience the highs, lows, fun, and pressure that make up life at a startup—in 54 hours.