Ageless Books Room:
Come Meet Startup Weekend Bellevue’s Mentors and Coaches and ask them about their Book Selections!
You’ll meet those from the Startup Community experienced in Entrepreneurship and knowledgeable of Software Technology, Cloud Technology, Creative Design, and Business Development.
“Three books I’ve enjoyed that focus on making an impact as a professional or a leader are – First Break all The Rules by Buckingham and Coffman – Drive by Daniel Pink – many books by John Maxwell. I like Daniel Pink and Malcolm Gladwell’s books because they often cite research that provides new or unique insights. And there are several books on the topic of Servant Leadership by Autry, Blanchard and Greenleaf (the founder of the philosophy) which are very inspiring and applicable for entrepreneurs.”- Sue Grinius-Hill;Technology Strategic Planning/Product Design & Development
“I think the two best books ever are Getting To Yes and Good to Great.”-
Alvin Loh;Founder at Jobvention
“One that’s really resonated with me in the past few years is The Art of War by Sun Tzu. In order to break barriers and lead people to try new things, one must be fearless and unafraid to jump over obstacles that have stopped others in the past. I strive every day to excel as a manager, and the mentality and strategy in this book are tantamount to anyone aiming to lead the way in whatever area they find passion in this world.”- Jody Laflen; Bellevue College Dean of the Institute for Business and Information Technology
Get Access to Mentors and Coaches:
The Ageless Book Room with Interviews from Business Leaders and Mentors hosted by Speaker and Author; Johannes F. Lisiecki and featuring the “Top Motivational Books of All Time!” Sponsored by UW Bookstore.
Download Schedule Here.
“Top Motivational Books of All Time!”
1. Think and Grow Rich Napoleon Hill
2. The Power of Positive Thinking Norman Vincent Peale
3. How to Win Friends & Influence People Dale Carnegie
4. Psychocybernetics by Maxwell Maltz
5. The Greatest Salesman in the World Og Mandino
6. The Richest Man in Babylon George S. Clason
7. Acres of Diamonds Russell H. Conwell
8. As a Man Thinketh James Allen
9. Twelve Pillars by Jim Rohn and Chris Widener
10. Fish!: A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results by Stephen C. Lundin, Harry Paul, John Christensen, Kenneth H. Blanchard
11. Rich Dad Poor Dad Robert T. Kiyosaki
Exclusive SWB Book Combo From Speaker and Author; Johannes F. Lisiecki!