After a smash hit debut in 2010, Startup Showcase returns to New York this fall. Highlighting the startup ecosystem’s creativity and variety, the Showcase gives the audience – including top investors – a chance to see the newest tech companies entering the market.
Held during Web 2.0 Expo New York in Manhattan, we’re going to have 30 startups demoing in one large room on Wednesday night, October 12. At the end of an hour – and after the audience and judges pick their favorite – we’ll present the top three startups on stage to give their pitch and have a conversation with investors Joanne Wilson and Mo Koyfman.
How do you qualify? We’re looking for:
- · Relatively young startups that aren’t drowning in investment (yet)
- · Companies in all technology areas: hardware, software, B2B, B2C, mobile (just to name the most obvious categories)
- · You’ll supply your own laptop for the demos (we won’t provide power, so we recommend bringing two laptops)
- · You’ll bring a maximum of two people (at least one of whom must be a founder or C-level equivalent; ideally, one of them would also be a woman)
- · The week prior to the event, you’ll supply us with a presentation of 2-4 slides that includes screenshots for your onstage pitch in case you are selected by Joanne and Mo
Submissions are due by Friday September 16, 2011. So apply now!
Want to attend Web 2.0 Expo New York? Register discount code STARTUP for 20% off all conference prices. (Note: You don’t need to buy a conference pass to apply for Startup Showcase.)