With all the talk, you have probably heard that Google has officially launched Google for Entrepreneurs – naming Startup Weekend as one of the program’s first partners. We want to give you some more information on Google’s exciting announcement, how we will be a part of it , and why we think it is going to help you, the Startup Weekend community, and the global entrepreneurial community.
Below are some highlights from Google’s post on the new program and a few links. We’ve also included a video that does a great job describing this new program. We’re thrilled to see Google step up with such a powerful stance for entrepreneurs – a vision that we are proud to share with the Google team. We look forward to working with Google even more than we have before to help and empower as many entrepreneurs as we can.
“As Google turns 14 this month, we’re celebrating this creative spirit and officially launching Google for Entrepreneurs, the umbrella for our several dozen programs and partnerships around the world that support startups and entrepreneurs.
Our focus is threefold:
- Partnerships with strong organizations that serve entrepreneurs in local communities
- Google-led programs to bring our teams and our tools directly to entrepreneurs
- Placing relevant Google tools in the hands of startups as they are getting off the ground and ready to scale”
- Google Blog Post: Celebrating the spirit of entrepreneurship with the new Google for Entrepreneurs
- Google for Entrepreneurs: Official site
- Google for Entrepreneurs: Initiatives, Startup Weekend
- Google for Entrepreneurs: Initiatives, Google Campus
- TechCrunch: Google Partners With Startup Weekend, Women 2.0 And Others To Launch Google For Entrepreneurs