Hi! Startup Weekend Etobicoke is currently looking for volunteers to help with our event on October 24-26, 2014.
By joining our team of volunteers, you will work with an energetic and friendly team, while witnessing participants connecting with each other to form teams and build a business. Watching the teams develop over the weekend can be truly inspirational and will allow you to learn along the way. You may even love it so much that you want to join as a participant next time!
If you’re thinking about volunteering, we encourage you to give Startup Weekend Etobicoke a try. It is a great way to learn about the startup industry in a fun and exciting way.
Here is what you can expect as a volunteer at Startup Weekend:
– Join a team of welcoming and energetic individuals
– A chance to demonstrate your creativity, high energy and problem solving skills → assisting with room layout, logistics planning, providing tech assistance, guiding and providing assistance to attendees
– Assist with registration table, greeting participants, judges, investors and other industry leaders
– Distributing “swag”, merchandise and catering orders to participants
– Utilizing social media for promotion and status updates through Twitter and Facebook.
Benefits of volunteering:
– Opportunity to meet like-minded individuals in entrepreneurship and technology industry
– Gain first-hand knowledge of new technologies and future trends
– Expand your network, build valuable connections
– Choose in advance how many hours you want to commit to volunteering and which areas you would prefer to help with
How to get involved
– Simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a bit about yourself and why you’d like to volunteer for this event.
*Parts of this blog are credited to an orgiinal blog found here