Patriot Boot Camp presented by Techstars
Application to Wisconsin Patriot Boot Camp, September 26-28 2014, is now open!
– In an effort to provide more time for partner Veteran Service Organizations to share WI PBC with their members, we are extending the application deadline to Sept 12, 2014. –
Patriot Boot Camp (PBC) is a national program designed to engage, inspire, and mentor military veterans and their spouses to start, innovate, and scale the next generation of high-growth companies. Techstars is expanding from previous annual events in Washington, DC (2012 & 2013) and New York City (2014) to regional events led by PBC alumni, military veteran entrepreneurs, and local business leaders.
Attendance to PBC is open to active military, Veterans, and/or their spouses at no cost. Those interested in attending can apply here.
Read more about our 2014 New York City event here.
Over the course of the 3-day program, PBC leverages the Techstars network to provide entrepreneurial education and mentoring to help participants solidify a business idea, focus their fundraising pitch, and demonstrate progress along their entrepreneurial and employment paths.
PBC has a high success rate of helping veterans get selected for startup accelerators, including Techstars, and secure angel/venture capital investments, by connecting them directly with some of the nation’s most successful CEOs and startup thought mentorship.
PBC participants come from all walks of life in the entrepreneurial community. Men and women, officers and enlisted, all come together to improve themselves professionally and entrepreneurially.
Follow us on Twitter @PatriotStartups to stay up to date on changes and additions to the schedule.
The mission of PBC is to give Veterans and their spouses the tools and resources they need to be successful entrepreneurs and build companies of scale and impact. This mission is based on four fundamental beliefs:
- Veterans’ skills and experience make them excellent entrepreneurs
- Empowering Veterans and military spouses to start their own companies will help them become the drivers of their own financial security
- Veteran entrepreneurs will help solve Veteran unemployment because they love hiring other Veterans
- Veterans will be the engine for economic growth in the United States
In addition to our sponsors, we have worked with several supporting partners to improve and communicate the value of Patriot Boot Camp to as many Veterans as possible. We would like to give a special thanks to those organizations who believe in our program and our mission.