Today’s Demo Day for the Sprint Accelerator, powered by Techstars is a major milestone. It marks the end of the first program, but for our ten companies the journey is really just beginning.
The ten startups are focused on various areas of mobile health, and all are determined to make a real difference in the world. Their products range from helping diabetics better manage their disease, to quickly arranging a doctor house call, to downloading your medical records right onto your smartphone.
During the last three months, some of the companies have completed product development and landed key pilots, while others have significantly grown their customer base. All have made substantial progress and it has truly been my pleasure to work with them. They’re all on a mission to change the world one patient or user at a time, and it shows in their passion and grit.
Please join me in congratulating the inaugural class of the Sprint Accelerator, powered by Techstars. I’m extremely proud to call each of these teams a Techstars company!
- AkibaH is the world’s first all-in-one smartphone case glucose meter. Check them out: www.akibah.com
- FitBark is a compact dog activity monitor that provides owners a mobile platform to better care for their pet. Check them out: www.fitbark.com
- LifeLine Response is a mobile safety solution that can be used anywhere, anytime, and utilizes your natural reaction to alert authorities in case of an attack. Check them out: http://llresponse.com/download.html#.U5ZIHpSwLDU
- Medicast is a mobile app that delivers house call doctors on demand, 24 hours a day. Check them out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/medicast/id644764159
- Ollo Wearables makes a voice controlled, wearable cell phone that keeps seniors connected to their families, while monitoring their health and well being. Check them out: www.ollowearables.com
- Prime is a mobile app that instantly aggregates all your health records from all your doctors right onto your phone. Check them out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/prime/id699009998
- Sickweather scans social media for reports of illness and displays the data via real-time maps, allowing you to check for the chance of illness as easily as you can check for the chance of rain. Check them out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sickweather/id741036885
- Symptom.ly is a clinically validated, symptom-tracking platform that displays real-time, actionable data for patients and doctors, providing timely intervention and reducing hospitalization and ER costs. Check them out: www.symptom.ly
- Tenacity uses peer coaching to change employee behavior, increase productivity and save companies money. Check them out: www.tenacityhealth.us