I am thrilled to announce our second class: the ten companies joining the Techstars Dubai Accelerator in Partnership with GINCO. We are proud to be MENA’s top accelerator program by initial check size, in-program benefits, and follow-on funding, and to build on our momentum as the most prestigious accelerator program in MENA with the announcement of our new class of companies.
We kick off the program on January 20, and our Demo Day grand finale is on April 17, 2019. We are looking forward to three months of world class programming, helping startups reach their potential and scale fast, in what promises to be a transformative experience for our founders.
Our one and only goal is to support and grow these 10 incredible companies. Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed, and strong partners and mentors help make this happen. The next 90 days will be filled with mentoring, pitching, and growth!
Through our strong commitment to diversity, we attract global talent, with founders representing over 13 nationalities and mentors from all over the world. This year, we attracted companies from eight countries, including United States, Turkey, Hong Kong, Germany, Jordan, the Netherlands, and United Arab Emirates. Our location at AREA 2071—Dubai’s premier Innovation hub and experimentation space for governments, multinationals, and startups to design and implement global solutions with human-scale impact—furthers this commitment.
I would like to thank our associates, mentors, sponsors, partners, and alumni for their generous support and amazing energy. Special thanks to the team at GINCO for their true commitment to the success of our partnership.
Without further ado, I have the pleasure of announcing the second class of 2019 companies in Techstars Dubai Accelerator in Partnership with GINCO:
- Buglance is a crowd testing platform for testing mobile apps, games, and mobile sites, led by a UAE based Azeri team.
- Clara is a legal operating system that digitizes and automates startup legal expertise, led by a UAE based Canadian team.
- Element 16 has developed a new thermal battery, which is similar to a conventional battery but stores high-temperature heat instead of electricity, led by a California-based team.
- LuggAgent offers same day luggage delivery to or from airports and hotels in over 70 top tourism cities, founded by a Taiwanese team based in Hong Kong.
- Nestrom is a software company specializing in technologies for field service management, led by a Jordanian team.
- Ottogee is the world’s smartest IoT-enabled solution for labor-intensive industries, led by a Texas-based Lebanese-American team.
- Three Wheels United uses innovative technology and finance to enable sustainable last mile transportation, based out of India and led by a Cameroonian CEO.
- VeePlay is the most advanced player for in-app video monetization, led by a German team.
- Vivoo is the first personal wellness assistant in the world that takes real data from your body and gives personalized nutrition and wellness advice to you, based on your urine sample analysis, led by a Turkish CEO.
- Yacob empowers and inspires children to lead a healthier, more active life, led by an Emirati founder.