Over the last three months with the METRO Accelerator, I have talked to 100+ founding CEOs and hundreds have already applied for the program.
What I am looking for is simple: Great founders who have tangible insight into their market.
I am becoming really excited because this is what I am finding:
- Online restaurants focused in specific foods and highly scalable cooking and delivery options
- Very low cost and marketable SAAS solutions
- Staffing solutions for hospitality businesses,
- Startups simplifying the supply chain for restaurants
- In restaurant / venue ordering solutions
- Mobile apps where restaurants can pull in physical customers
- New types of customer care software, e.g. Bots for hospitality
- Entirely new types of food
These are companies with experienced serial entrepreneurs, founders who have experience with high-growth startups, as well as complete first timers. In most cases, these teams have worked together for more than one year, all with real insights into their customers, products in the market and working on growing their businesses.
When I started three months ago, I didn’t know what to expect. Last year, we found a large number of startups at the idea stage. Now, we are seeing far more startups that have initially validated their market and are working on building a scalable marketing and sales machinery. That is actually a great match with what METRO is looking for.
If what I have already seen is an indicator of what else I will find, then I am super stoked.
Don’t be shy reaching out, you don’t need to get a warm intro to talk to us.