I love the 20 Minute VC podcast. It’s the perfect amount of time and Harry Stebbings does a great job attracting interesting guests and asking them the right questions. I was honored when asked to be on the show, here’s that episode.
Harry asks me questions like:
- How did I make the transition from Founder to VC with Techstars and Fund I?
- Fund I is one of the most successful funds in history; what was the structure with Fund I? Why did you choose a $5m fund size? How did you decide initial to follow on ratio?
- Why were you so valuation sensitive with Fund I? Why were you so rigid on a consistent check size on Fund I?
- Why did you decide to expand from being a solo GP fund? What are the challenges and complexities of fund scaling and how did you approach this?
- What do you think about uncapped notes?
- Why do you like big boring companies?
- How did you meet Ryan Graves @ Uber and how did the Uber investment come about? (even more about that here)
- Where does David still see inefficiencies in the current venture model?
I hope you enjoy it. I had fun doing the interview.
The Twenty Minute VC takes you inside the world of Venture Capital, Startup Funding and The Pitch. It helps you discover how you can attain funding for your business by listening to what the most prominent investors are directly looking for in startups, providing easily actionable tips and tricks that can be put in place to increase your chances of getting funded.