Got your ticket to Startup Weekend? Are you thinking of attending, but you’d like to know what the incentives are? Look no further, we’re disclosing our awards for the Startup Weekend competition 2016. Are you ready to rumble?
- From our partners at The Grape, 1 Unlimited Membership Plan for one month for the team – maximum 3 members at a time. Also, they have 1 Free Unlimited Weekend for whole team, just so you can take your business from idea to reality.
- ProteckMark will offer a 1500 lei discount for registering three classes of marks at OSIM, so your business is up, running and legal.
- Train2perform, our human resources management partner, will offer you a 4 hours Teamwork training, so your team will be well formed and ready to embrace the entrepreneurial adventure.
- As we all know paperwork is a hustle for those without experience, so Avisso jumps in with 100% discount for consultancy services offered for setting up your company.
- Marius Ursache, our mentor at the event and at MIT Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp, Singularity University and startup accelerators around the world, will offer you 3 hours of tailored mentorship.
- Adrian Pica, mentor at Startupbootcamp, Founders Institute, Spherik Accelerator, Sprint Point accelerator and master of workshops on Lean Startup, MVP creation and early stage startup at several universities (Maastricht University, Bolzano University, Trento University, Timisoara University, Cluj University) will upgrade you with 3 hours of mentorship.
- 2 sessions of individual coaching for each member of the team will be provided by Felicia Stoica, a Professional Systemic Coach, trained by Alain Cardon, MCC within an intensive Coaching program. As in she really know what she does.
- From our partners at The Grape, one 3 Days/Week Membership Plan for one month for the team – maximum 3 members at a time. Also, one Free Unlimited Weekend for whole team.
- ProteckMark will offer a 750 lei discount for registering three classes of marks at OSIM, so your business is up, running and legal.
- Avisso jumps in with 75% discount for consultancy services offered for setting up your company.
- Marius Ursache will offer you 2 hours of tailored mentorship.
- Adrian Pica will upgrade you with 2 hours of mentorship.
- 2 sessions of individual coaching for each member of the team will be provided by Felicia Stoica.
- From our partners at The Grape, one part-time Membership Plan for one month for the team – working hours: 16:00 – 19:30.
- ProteckMark will offer a 500 lei discount for registering three classes of marks at OSIM, so your business is up, running and legal.
- Avisso jumps in with 50% discount for consultancy services offered for setting up your company.
- Marius Ursache will offer you 1 hours of tailored mentorship.
- Adrian Pica will upgrade you with 1 hours of mentorship.
- 2 sessions of individual coaching for each member of the team will be provided by Felicia Stoica.
- Romsoft will give to any of the teams a special award, consisting of 1 year subscription to Lynda, LinkedIn’s learning tool that offers over 4,000 courses on Microsoft, Adobe, and Apple products, as well as business skills, computer programming and web design, audio and video tools, and more, all taught by industry experts.
Gather your team, set up your goal and come get our ‘shiny’ prizes. What are you waiting for?
The third edition of Startup Weekend Iasi was held at Hall Rossini – Palas on 27-29 march 2015.
For this edition we gotten 85 participants who pitched 25 ideas and 12 teams had been created.
We had 3 prizes in the top and 4 special prizes. Each team has chosen a name, but these nicknames can or cannot be the official ones. From each team we had a short description.
1st place – SeeMe!
SeeMe! is a smartphone traceable device reassuring parents they will never lose their child (again) in an open, crowded place. Team SeeMe! includes Raluca Lucaci (Android developer), Aurelian Ursache (iOS developer), Catalin Pomirleanu (iOS developer) and Iulia Weingold (team motivator).
“Startup Weekend Iasi was an accelerated learning process for us. We came there with zero experience in terms of startups, business and management, and throughout the entire time felt like dried sponges filling up with valuable knowledge… We had no idea you can get so much done in such little time. Our sincere congrats to organizers, mentors and hard-working teams! Great job everyone 🙂 ” Iulia Weingold, team motivator @ SeeMe!
2nd place – SmartGift
Smart Gift is an app that is helping you to find a last minute memorable gift. Let’s think like this you forget about a friends birthday or it’s Valentine’s day and you need a suggestion of an awesome gift for your girlfriend/boyfriend, you go on the app put your budget, make a personal profile by check-in some tags and then select a distance in what range to find gift. After seconds lots of awesome gifts around you will come on the screen.
Gifts are bringing joy to the world, so why not to give a smart gift in order to make it memorable
„The experince at #SWIASI2015 it was intense, dramatic at some point, challenging, sent me to a rollercoster of emotions, but in the end we came second, so for sure all it paid off. I want to thank to all my team that overcome their limits by working under pressure, in order to make something big.” Mircea Serdiuc(Tzury) @CEO Smart Gifts
3rd place & Best Marketer – BeerTime
Beer Time: Our idea revolves around making large groups of friends go out faster and easier. Ususally what we want to know when we go out is if there are enough available friends to go out with, along with a time and a place. Beer Time lets you define your group of friends and send them a simple question when you feel like going out: “Do you want to go out at 8, in London Pub?”. Your friends can only say yes or no. Saying yes acts like a promise, so if you get 4 positive answers, then it’s a date. This process eliminates all the negociation that takes place in a chat system and also eliminates the need for facebook or any social platform.
“What happenned at Startup Weekend was a roller coaster from start to finish. Meeting so many people devoted to becoming better at what they do in one single place is inspiring; having so many great mentors walk around the room is just such a great opportunity. I personally came to Startup Weekend to meet good people and this is exactly what happened. My team had a lot of energy, ideas and worked really hard; I am proud of them and I’m sure they are proud of me. Anyone looking for special people should consider participating in the future.” Andrei Tudor Diaconu founder @BeerTime
Crowd Favorite – PeerWorkout
For everybody that enjoys team sports and can’t find a team or lacks motivation and needs a push, PeerWorkout is THE app that helps you locate sports buddies with similar interests in your area. We bring together people through sports and give already existing sports communities a tool to interact through in a fun and easy way. With a true understanding of our users’ needs and an adaptive platform that grows as they provide input, PeerWorkout aims to cover everything from scheduling sports get-togethers to measuring your metrics and providing you health tips to finding the coolest places and peoplwn town to work out with. Elisa-Letitia Stefan founder @PeerWorkout
Startup spirit award – Music Land
“A competition is useful to startups in order to check how do they rank comparing to other businesses and to verify the product is viable. The time we invested in these 3 days was worth it all the way.
The most valuable resource of this particular competition was the incredible line of mentors. We didn’t expect to meet them in Iasi, at least not all at once. They re-opened roads we thought were completely shut down and gave us much more confidence to take our dream further. ” – Mihaela Chirnoaga founder @Music Land
Judges special prize – HandOut
Our original idea is to connect disabled people in need with volunteers willing to help. We plan to connect them using an online platform and a mobile app. The flow is simple: A person with a physical disability will post a message on the platform informing briefly about the need he has (“I need someone to buy me a bread – Alexandru cel Bun, Iasi, 3rd floor”). The ones that are willing to help (we call them “helping hands”) will see the request based on their location and person with a disability location. For the example given, if I am in Alexandru cel Bun and I want to help, I will see this message on my phone using the App. If I am available and willing to help, I will respond to the request by pressing a button. On the other side, the person with a disability will have a list of people willing to help and he will choose his “Helping Hand” based on a profile we provide (personal details, eventually verified by and NGO, Facebook link etc). Once the disabled person is accepting the “hand” the phone numbers will be shared and they both can communicate about the next step, in this case, bringing a bread on 3rd floor. The disabled person will pay for the bread and the “helping hand” will offer his time to bring the bread to the 3rd floor. We have tested our idea and discussed a lot with disabled people about it and at this moment we feel that we have a great responsibility to implement it because the disabled people reaction was very positive, encouraging us to finish the implementation and release this product.
“We had a wonderful team formed by 5 members, from which 3 were for the first time on SW. The experience was very interesting for both of us especially because it was the place to meet and to know that we share some common values. It did not mater that we were missing some more resources in our team: we did our best with what we had, it was funny to have backend developers doing front end stuff or have them replace words on presentation with Maps and other graphical content. On the other hand, we had the great opportunity to find mentors that were willing to offer from their “know how” with so much pleasure and enthusiasm that you were really really impressed and happy to be in the same room with them. If before the event I was not sure I have something in common with entrepreneurship, after SW I realized that I may re-consider this option for the future.” Mihaela Ciobanu founder @Hand Out
Thank you all for participating and see you next time in 2016!