As you might be knowing about Startup Weekend , now let me tell you how you are a part of Global Startup Battle 2015. where you can explore yourself upto the entire world just on the basis of your startup.
Global Startup Battle(GSB) was created by the community and for the community. It is the your chance to compete against teams from across the globe! First you take part in the Startup Weekend at JALANDHAR and then the winners will be contesting against those in the region of Asia Pacific, and then globally! In the GSB you represent your city/region and bring home the startup glory, joining the legacy of the GSB winners!
GSB has several themed tracks that offer different prizes, sources and judges! These tracks are as follows:
- Champions Track– The best of every city/region.
- Great in the Making(Made great by Mr.Coffee)– Products, technologies and solutions that improve the lives of others in one or more areas – Home Life, Work Environment, Transportation, Organisation, Convenience.
- The Innovators(Powered by .CO)– For all Startup Weekend teams launching their brilliant ideas on a .CO domain.
- Disruptors and Big Ideas(Powered by Transpose)– For inventors and entrepreneurs who naturally think outside the box, pushing innovation forward by tackling industry wide problems, not just small scale solutions.
- Mobile Growth Track(Sponsored by Branch)– Mobile Apps that have Branch’s SDK integrated, dashboards collecting data with links team’s create and with sharing switched on.
- Open Track(Sponsored by The Company Corporation)– For teams outside GSB Startup Weekends, unlocking and providing the benefits and value of GSB to all.
Startup Weekend Jalandhar (GlobalStartupBattle) will be held on 20th – 22nd of November, 2015 at Lovely Professional University. To participate, please buy your ticket at www.swjalandhar.in
The objective of startup weekend involves these four important things one will experience at the event:
- connect with people driven to build something new. Rich and diverse talent is a Startup Weekend staple.
- There, at the event, you will meet like-minded and talented people with unique skill-set who are equally energized as you and will love to join you and make the startup, a huge success.
- Are you ready to meet your next (co-founder) (friend) (mentor) (investor)?
- Discover where you are on the Entrepreneur’s Journey.
- Find the resources available near you.
- Discover the next steps you need to take on your road to success.
- Learn what it really takes to start a company.
- Learn from the experiences of the successful Entrepreneurs who are mentoring you at the event.
- Learn and reevaluate your business idea and turn it into a more realistic one.
- It’s that simple. Startup Weekend is designed to get you going, FAST.
- Your local Organizers will set up the ideal environment for you to be successful and learn as much as possible in just 54 hours.
- Now you are ready and planned, so its the time to start and make a difference.
As you learn how to create a real company, you’ll meet the very best mentors, investors, co-founders, and sponsors who are ready to help you get started.
The objective of Startup Weekend is to provide people with as much knowledge and exposure so that after the 54 hours, one can proudly say ” Yes, I am going to Launch my company soon”.