What makes someone an entrepreneur? Do they carry a special token which differentiates them from others? Or is it the way they think? Well entrepreneurs are individuals who create something new and unique, an initiative, a business or a company. Moreover in order to become an entrepreneur one must think like one. A little bit of their knowledge can give you an advantage in your professional life.
- Entrepreneurs are experts at gambling. The main feature that makes entrepreneurs different from the average professionals is their rich appetite for risk. Entrepreneurs learn to weigh and assess risk and become comfortable with the idea that they must invest time and resources in new ideas. An entrepreneur should not be affected by the losses made from an unsuccessful startup. Instead they gain an unforgettable learning experience which enhances their skills and sets there base in becoming successful entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurs tend to show signs of deep passion for their work. Mark Zuckerburg has said, “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” This is a major tool which helps in achieving success in field. If you think how your life would be if you chose a different field, try to think how you can change your life with your field. Try to look for signs to make your field better. Could you translate your position to another industry? If you’re not passionate about your work try not to feel stuck. Instead try to think how you can make the best use of your skills.
- In order to survive business must come up with innovative ideas, so entrepreneurs have to use their time to come up with new ideas by constantly brainstorming. Lacking this ability makes one unable to become an entrepreneur. Steve Jobs had quoted that “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower”. In order to brainstorm, try to schedule sometime in a week to come up with ideas. Eventually you will come up with an idea which differentiates you from others.
- Have you ever found yourself stuck waiting for responses in order to proceed forward? Entrepreneurs don’t and should not have a high tolerance for inefficiency. Making inefficient decisions makes entrepreneurs fail to realize their full potential. In order to overcome inefficiencies in organizations, entrepreneurs come up with ideas and try to implement them. Due to their continuous attempts they are able to minimize inefficiencies or in some cases they are able to eliminate it completely.
- The most important attribute of entrepreneur’s is their resilient nature. Even though they are realistic, entrepreneurs don’t take giving up as an option. In fact they use their failures as stepping stones in achieving what they could not. They tend to aim far beyond the sky because they know even if they can’t achieve their dream they will certainly achieve something when they try.
The main reason why entrepreneurs are different from others is because of their ability to think differently. For this reason they achieve more than an average individual could ever dream of.
By Hussain Jamshed
The following are the frequently asked questions regarding Startup Weekend Lahore:
Q. What is the registration deadline for Startup Weekend Lahore?
A. The registration deadline for Startup Weekend Lahore is 14th February 2017.
Q. What are the timings for the event?
A. The event will start on Friday at 4 pm and will end on Sunday at 10 pm.
Q. What is the mode of payment?
A. Mode of payment will be through bank draft, details will be communicated to the shortlisted applicants.
Q. What is the payment deadline for Startup Weekend Lahore event?
A. Payment deadline will be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates. Participants will have ample of time to process and submit their payments.
Q. Is there any refund policy for the payment in case I cannot attend the event?
A. No, there is no refund policy. If you get shortlisted, please be sure before making the payment.
Q. What is the schedule of the event?
A. You can view the schedule of the event from this link.
Q. Can I still apply if I don’t have an idea?
A. Yes, you can apply even if you don’t have an idea. In that case, you can extend your expertise to people who have an idea by joining their team.
Q. Can I pitch more than one idea?
A. Yes. Prioritize your ideas, pitch your best idea and the one you have most prepared for first.
Q. Can I pitch my existing business idea?
A. No. You can only pitch your existing idea if MVP (minimal viable product) has not been developed yet.
Q. Can all university students or professionals apply?
A. Anybody with an idea which would help bring innovation and creativity is more than welcome to apply.
Q. Will you be provided accomodation?
Q. Do we need a team before applying to Startup Weekend Lahore?
A. You may have a team but it is not a condition. If you have a team, each team member will have to register individually.