The R/GA Accelerator focuses on startups developing connected hardware products and software in the Internet of Things space. The second class of the three-month, immersive, mentorship-driven accelerator begins October 20 at R/GA’s headquarters in New York.
We are currently hiring Hackstars who have the technical skills to help the companies in the program do more faster. Are you an industrial designer, a mechanical engineer or an electrical engineer? Do you want to work alongside ten of the leading IoT companies, with support from R/GA’s technical, product and marketing teams and at one of the nation’s top startup accelerators? Do you have what it takes? Well here’s what it takes:
Industrial Design Hackstar:
- Excellent sketching, drawing and ideation skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical teams to articulate both ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ design requirements
- Quickly generate visual materials in response to requirements including mood boards, drawings, renderings, prototypes, etc. and iterate until a design direction is chosen
- Experience with 3D CAD design and visualization software for presentation-ready renderings and graphics (SolidWorks, Rhino, etc.)
- Strong prototyping and finishing skills & expertise operating 3D printers, specifically FDM and polyjet
- Basic understanding of the design constraints imposed by fabrication techniques, such as injection molding, die casting, CNC milling etc.
- Grasp of the materials and their properties generally used in consumer products
Mechanical Engineer Hackstar:
- 3D CAD design on software such as Solidworks, ProEngineer or similar
- Hands on, willing to put things together quickly to test them out
- Experience building cool hardware projects
- Experience with digital fabrication prototyping technologies: 3D printing, laser cutter, CNC machine etc.
- Understanding of the design constraints imposed by fabrication techniques such as injection molding, die casting, CNC milling etc.
- Good grasp of the materials and their properties generally used in consumer products
- Experience having taken a project from prototype to product or dealing with contract manufacturers
Electrical Engineer Hackstar:
- Electrical circuit design
- PCB schematic and layout design
- Strong debugging capabilities
- Experience with wireless connectivity chips and circuits, especially bluetooth classic, bluetooth low energy and wifi
- Experience using mainstream prototyping boards: Arduino, Raspberry Pi and others
- Microcontroller programming is a plus (ARM, ATMEGA etc.)