Pieter Brits is a partner at Downie Stewart and one of the judges for Startup Weekend 2015. Throughout the years, Pieter has been involved with several local startups in Dunedin. We caught up with Pieter to ask him six questions about his background.
1) What does Downie Stewart do?
Downie Stewart is one of the first law firms established in Dunedin. We act for some of the brightest local technology companies. We help companies with structures, capital raising, agreements and governance.
2) What do you do at the company on a day to day basis?
I am one of the commercial partners, looking after our business clients.
3) What other business or startups are you involved with at the moment?
I’m passionate about value creation out of Dunedin and am a founding Director and investor in a start-up, executive angel, pre venture fund. It is in the foundation phase and has made its first investment.
4) What are some of your favourite startups at the moment?
Locally, I like HappyMoose.
5) What is your biggest piece of advice to first-time startup founders?
Know your skills and bring on board the skills you do not have.
6) What are you looking forward to at Startup Weekend 2015?
I am looking forward to the ideas and seeing who has what it takes to build successful companies.
BUY YOUR TICKETS: http://swdunedin.eventbrite.com
Connect with Pieter Brits on LinkedIn.