The second day of Kansas City Start Up Weekend has been busy for all of our teams. The day started off with announcements from Kelly Tomlinson and Wendy Overton and the teams were off to work, figuring out their business strategies and then heading out to get market validation. The teams that came out of last nights pitches are:
- Amplifer App – An app that will use your friends phone speakers to play your music
- Get Unleashed – combines fitness, candy crush, and a cute little dragon to help fight obesity
- Converse – Curated conversation for the globally minded
- Donation DoGood – Creating a Nation of Do-Gooders
- Rent to Me – Turning the rental property industry upside down
- Daily Deeds KC – Helping people be able to help the community even more
- Hive – A way to automate your home HVAC system with multiple thermostats and your vents
Also throughout the day we had several of our mentors come through to help these great teams out. We had Chris Brown, who was giving the teams legal help and advise. Melissa Roberts stopped in to discuss marketing with our teams and finding the voice of the company. Carrie Royce has been helping teams out with finding their voice for their pitches and also with whatever the teams need. Rick Vaughn has been influential with providing the teams with information on how the funding process works and what investors are looking for. Chris Cheatham came to help the the teams find that target market for their first customer. That’s just some of what the mentors were helping out with and we will have even more tomorrow helping the teams tie up those loose ends before the end of the 54 hours.
We’re halfway through and already seeing some amazing things so be on the lookout on twitter and tomorrow evening as the teams pitch their amazing ideas!