Startup Weekend Fort Worth
November 21st, 2014
Startup Weekend is coming to Fort Worth on November 21-23, 2014! If you’re not familiar, Startup Weekend is a 54-hour event where developers, designers and business development folks come together to pitch an idea and launch a business, all in one weekend. It is a great opportunity to test startup ideas, meet potential co-founders, build the community in Fort Worth and launch your next startup! We are proud to be sponsored and have support from Sabre and Texas Christian University Neeley Entrepreneurship Center.
Startup Weekend Fort Worth will also be taking place during the Global Startup Battle. An initiative created by Startup Weekend, Global Startup Battle aims to generate a stronger global community of entrepreneurs through the largest startup competition in the world. During the weekend prior to and following Global Entrepreneurship Week, hundreds of Startup Weekend and other UP Global programs are hosted around the world and winning teams from each event move forward to compete with one another via a global video competition. Global Startup Battle enriches the global entrepreneurial community by creating a sense of inclusion between startup teams around the world.
Attendees at Startup Weekend Fort Worth you will have the pleasure to hear from the keynote speaker Jonathan Coon and the story of his entrepreneurial journey as the founder of 1-800-CONTACTS, which sold in June 2012 for $900 million.
Mr. Coon’s favorite quote: “The difficult we do now. The impossible takes a little bit longer.” – US Army Corps of Engineers
All activities will be taking place on the Texas Christian University campus where we will be surrounded by a beautiful campus and a healthy amount of knowledge and ideas.
As an attendee of Startup Weekend Fort Worth you not only get connected with other like-minded community members but you are a part of building the entrepreneurial community Fort Worth while also getting access to some amazing prizes!
- A free .co domain name
- $2,000 of credit on Google App Engine
- $100 of AWS credit for hosting
- 50 free moo.com business cards
- Fun swag from Google, .Co and more!
- Winners get a 3 month membership and coworking space at IDEA Works FW
- Secured spot for a Dallas New Tech presentation
- Featured article on LaunchDFW
- Free incorporation from VentureDocs for the winning team and discounted for 2nd and 3rd place
- Ability to compete in the Global Startup Battle competition ($500,000+ of prizes)
Join us for the weekend and connect with the judges on Sunday night. Startup Weekend Fort Worth is proud to have the following judges from the Fort Worth community:
- Jorge Varela, Assistant Director, TECH Fort Worth
- Robert Sturns,Domestic & International Business Recruitment Manager, City of Fort Worth & Director, Fort Worth Business Assistance Center
- Hayden Blackburn, Director, IDEA Works FW
- Michael Sherrod, William M. Dickey Entrepreneur in Residence, Director TCU/Coleman Foundation Entrepreneurial Fellows
- Cameron Cushman, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, PhysAssist Scribes, Inc
You don’t want to miss out on this opportunity so be sure to register and bring your next big idea for this energy filled event! For more information and to register for the event visit fortworth.up.co.