Congratulations to easyASIN, “a startup that helps Amazon sellers easily match, monitor, and optimize their product listings on Amazon “for securing first place at the 2016 Jacksonville Startup Weekend! More than 72 aspiring entrepreneurs and mentors participated in the 54-hour event held Sep. 9-11 at the University of North Florida, Student Union Building.
Event featured 30 ideas pitched, and 6 startup teams worked tirelessly over 54 Hrs. Winners received prizes worth more than $21,000 of in-kind services to help them launch their new businesses. The grand finale on Sunday, attended by Mark Dawkins (Dean, Coggin College of Business- UNF), Judges (Ted Willich, Juliet Negrete Anderson and Craig Mandeville), Sponsors (SBDC, iStart Valley, Jaycon Systems, RZI, Wilson Dutra, NLP Logix, PS27 Ventures), Media partners (Jacksonville Business Journal, Florida Times Union), Mentors, and Participants was well received.
The top 3 winners are:
1st Place – easyASIN: Helps Amazon sellers easily match, monitor, and optimize their product listings on Amazon
2nd Place – UAV Me: Aerial photos at your service
3rd Place (also Crowd Favorite) – Vestiti: The world is your wardrobe
The other startups created during the event were as follows:
ReAppoint: Get Scheduled!
Thumbs Up Funds Up: Wealth through wisdom
Easy Tour: TravelGuide Setter
The top three teams from the 2016 Startup Weekend will receive the following as their prizes.
- Venture Capital Consulting and detailed report (limited hours) – PS27 Ventures
- 100 days of free office space – PS27 Ventures
- $500 gift Certificate for services, $100 gift certificate for online store – Jaycon Systems
- Business and Trademark consultation and plan (limited hours) for startup or small business. – Sarah Gulati
- Free attendance to Startup Series Workshop – Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Obtain feedback on your ideas from Silicon Valley Entrepreneurs – Sramana Mitra – 1 Million by 1 Million
- Guaranteed spot in next cohort for Bunker Lab Jacksonville
- Coverage on the leading local publications (Florida Times, Jacksonville Business Journal)
- Apart from intangible valuable experience gained within 54 hours, here are the tangible benefits for each of the participants.
- Google Cloud Platform is offering all Startup Weekend participants $300 in credits to help build web and mobile app
- .CO – All participants get access to a free .CO domain
See you all in 2017!!