An integral part of any Startup Weekend is the final pitch presentations and judging ceremony on Sunday evening. For Startup Weekend Byron Bay this will be held at the auditorium on the SAE Byron Bay campus.
Our judging panel are examples of local excellence meets commercial success.
Along with her love for working with exceptional people, developing innovative solutions, and building strong sustainable foundations for the future Chau brings extensive expertise in finance, foreign trade and investment
One of Australia’s most sought after startup advisors, Matt is a serial internet entrepreneur who specialises in online growth strategy.
Known for taking on Microsoft over a patent infringement, Ric is a local inventor who dedicates time each week to help inventors and innovators get their ideas going and protected.
Judging criteria is broken up into three sections. Teams will be judged according to the following equally weighted criteria:
- How does the team plan on making this a successful business?
- Have they identified or solved potential problems; competition, how to scale, acquiring customers, their revenue model etc?
- Are teams building something that people actually want?
- How well does the team understand their customer and their customer’s needs?Did the team get out and talk to customers?
- What is the value proposition to customers?
Execution & Design
- Has the team established a Minimim Viable Product for the weekend ?
- Does the product deliver a compelling and captivating user experience?
- Were the team able to demo something functional?