Startup Weekend Gainesville starts October 23rd, 2015
We’ve all heard the importance of an elevator pitch. It’s the standard 30 – 60 seconds of the who, what, when, where and why of your idea. It’s your moment to sell someone on your startup dream. Fast.
It seems daunting to try and squeeze all of your information into a thorough, but memorable 60 seconds.
We’re here to help.
First step? Relax. Remember that you know your idea and your business better than anyone. If anyone can “wow” someone with this idea, it’s you.
When preparing your pitch, ask yourself (and your team) the following questions.
- What is your idea?
- What is unique about your idea?
- How important is it?
- Who are the users?
- What are the most important needs for the users of your idea?
- What is the effect of your idea?
- How do the users benefit from your idea?
- What benefits does your idea have compared to similar ideas?
- What are the biggest risks?
- Who are your main competitors?
- What prevents them from doing the same as you?
Most importantly, when you pitch an idea at Startup Weekend, remember that your experience is about more than those 60 seconds. Be proud of the fact that you turned an idea into business in just 54 hours and be confident.
We look forward to hearing your pitch!