The world is buzzing with new ideas. With the growing technology, the service providers aim at making people lazy and creating a value proposition, where in they can provide the service and charge a hefty amount. So, with the motto of boosting the entrepreneurship spirit and providing a platform to experience what a Start Up is all about, Google Start Up Weekend was hosted by Srinovation – the Entrepreneurship Cell of Sri Sri University.
It is really worth mentioning that Bhubaneshwar, the quiet city of Eastern India had 80 participants who were drenched with the zeal and passion, to have their own start up. Contrary, the metro cities of Delhi and Mumbai have engaged with mere 40 participants, previously. The 54 hours, brimming with 56 ideas and a plethora of actions, were more about creating a community where people share their Business Ideas. The participants, mostly students, got the real feel of owning startup about the challenges and the difference between idea and idea implementation.
The round one had 56 ideas, out of which 14 got selected through mutual voting and consequently, the team leaders convinced the people why they should work on a particular idea, which lead to the formation of 14 consolidated teams. These teams need to prepare the complete Business Canvas plan with revenue model, web application design, website and validation check. On the last day, they will be getting just 5 minutes to pitch their idea to the sponsors, who can provide the budding entrepreneurs with the capital.
Most of the ideas focused on leveraging the power of growing popularity of the application based services and the ease of usage which they provide. The brain stormed ideas – some with a consistent flow of actions and ideas, some just on table, created with coffee, sleepless nights – filled with the rigor to make things happen and how to implement them practically, are summarized as follows:
- Burn Out – Refer to these guys who have formed a network with the local Garage people and can provide you a 24@7 service to help you in case of tyre puncture or vehicle malfunction in any area
- Cool Techie – You can ping these guys when you are hit with panic because of your computer breakdown. They make sure that any problem with your computer is dealt with Home Service with reliable and safe hands.
- Waste Master – These guys plan to work with recycling the waste products. They realized how difficult it is to implement such an idea and practically what are the challenges faced.
- Liszto – They are creating an online app based platform for the music lovers. They were guided by the industry mentors to brainstorm over all the legal issues/copyright issues.
- Maid is easy – Their idea is inspired by the problems our mothers face when the house maid does the tantrums, takes leave without informing, asks for salary hike every month, etc. They believe in providing a new maid every day. This will greatly help the home makers but difficult for these guys to tackle.
- Parcel Bhejo – Intra city logistics to give birthday surprises, say congratulations, etc. These bunch of students changed their B plan twice, within 10 hours, because every opinion, idea and action matters.
- My Travel Planner – The travel encyclopedia. The idea stuck a girl since saw five years and saw her dad struggling to collect the contacts/discounts, etc. This B plan aims connecting the travelers, allowing them to plan a trip together online. The people don’t have time to come and meet each other. A better option is they meet online, plan and get the best deals. B2C and also customer to customer connect is there.
- Re-medics – It revolves around recycling the medicines. The enthusiastic team seemed to have fun with the hectic schedule.
- Smart Helmet – The fresher’s from non-technical background brain stormed about the practicality of this product through interaction. Their idea is to make a helmet with sensor and coolants. The idea is to make a helmet with sensor and coolants.
- Geo-play – This idea will make sure that the people can meet through GPRS to play the sport they want to. Cool idea to capture the techie lovers who cannot play a game because they neither have friends nor the grounds, in the new city.
- Innovative farming – Still being developed, take care!!
- We Socrates – It is an app which connects all the teachers so that they can share, chat, discuss and do some research, aimed at the highest benefit of the students.
- De-Rubics – To connect the skilled unemployed people, and use the best use of opportunities with the growing air lines!
- Free food – A platform for collection of excess food and its distribution to the needy.
More Business Plan related actions and every moment new strategies being made. That is the culture which dominated the day 2 of the Google Startup Weekend, Bhubaneshwar.