Startup Weekend Southampton
May 1st, 2015
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url
Startup Weekend Hamburg recently finished and their awesome video is hyping us for the 4th Startup Weekend Southampton. 1st of May is almost here and your organising team has planned so many amazing things for you. You should not miss this event. HackaSoton is known to organise the Craziest Startup Weekend in UK and we are finishing this year with a BANG! Be sure that you will have the Best Coaches, Awesome gadgets, coolest prizes, yummiest food and most importantly the best time…
First thing first: Discounted early bird tickets finish at 9pm on Friday 24th of April. After that you can buy tickets at their normal price. Buy your tickets now to qualify for the discount.
Second thing second!? : We are co organising Startup Weekend with the Dragons’ Den event ran by ECS Entrepreneur. As a Startup Weekend Attendee you can attend the Dragons’ Den as a spectator or to pitch your idea for real money in change of equity. If you want to pitch at the Dragons’ Den you need to send your (short) application here by end of Friday 24th of April.
Third thing third: If you cannot attend the whole weekend (What can be more important!!) but still want to experience how amazing Startup Weekend is, you can become a volunteer and help the event run during the weekend while meeting amazing people, Playing with great tech and eating mega awesome food. Just apply for a Free volunteer ticket.
Who you’ll meet at Startup Weekend:
Startup Weekends attendees’ backgrounds are roughly
- 40% technical (developers, coders, designers).
- 40% business (marketing, finance, law).
- 15% Non-technical (Here for the awesome experience).
- 5% volunteers (Help at the event).
Why people come to Startup Weekend:
29% of Startup Weekend participants attend an event to network,
20% attend to develop/build a product
13% attend to learn how to create a new venture.
27% attend to try something new
11% other reason
After the conference is over, roughly 80% of attendees plan on continuing to work on their startup after the weekend.
What you’ll get out of Startup Weekend Southampton:
- Education: Startup Weekends are all about learning by doing, whether you’re learning a new skill or a new way of thinking. Don’t just listen to theory, build your own strategy and test it as you go.
- Co-Founder Dating: The people who come to Startup Weekend are serious about learning how to build and launch startups. Create relationships that last long past the weekend.
- Have fun: During the weekend working alongside awesome people who share your ideas. Startup Weekend is meant to be fun and entertaining so enjoy it.
- Solve local problems with your ideas. Do you think that one of your idea can change your town or have a positive impact in your group of people? Bring your idea notebook with you and start making a positive change in your local community.
- Build Your Network: Startup Weekend works hard to recruit high quality, driven entrepreneurs- like you!
- Learn New Skills: With a whole weekend dedicated to letting your creative juices flow, Startup Weekends are perfect opportunities to work on a new platform, learn a new programming language, or give marketing a try. With nothing to lose there’s no reason not to step outside your comfort zone.
- Learn How to Launch a Business (and Actually Do It!): Startup Weekend is the epitome of Lean Startup Methodology.
- Mentorship: Local tech and startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends and give feedback to participants. Interact with the movers and shakers in your community.
So come to the event to gain invaluable skills and experience. Also get yourself in a getting work done mood just before the exam season. All while having the awesomest time.
More info Check our links
See you there