This is was not on the agenda but our ever dynamic team lead, Tracy Keogh, quickly put together a line-up of mentors to share their failure stories with #SWDub participants.
Perhaps inspired by a previous event – StartupWake (formerly known as Flounders), the #SWDub saw 5 now-successful entrepreneurs share their failure stories and here are the punchlines from each:
1. Actively try to succeed instead of actively trying not to fail – Alia Lamaadar, Tapir.me
2. Obey your gut feeling and avoid easy money – Luca Boschin, Logo Grab
3. Avoid bluffing your way into leaving the table empty handed – Jason Hassett, We Develop
4. Don’t be fooled by results from test environments – Jason Ruane, Cirkit.io
5. Giving away equity for quick wins is a very bad idea – Nubi Kay, Travel Bay
That said, don’t be afraid to fail, embrace it but hate it enough to want to succeed.
Have any failure lessons you’d like to share or anything to add to this, go ahead and add it in the comment box.