“She is the modernity that villages lack
and the tradition
long forgotten by cities.
You come, you see, she conquers you.”
Writes Indhumathi about Madurai.
What could serve as a better testimonial to these lines than the opening of Marriott International a premier global hotel chain spreading its wings to Madurai. International firm Honeywell called Madurai its home more than a decade ago followed suit by the Indian IT firm HCL Technologies.
All these goes on to prove that this 2500 + yrs old city has been reincarnating itself to be a city to reckon with over all these years. With a slew of startups calling this city its home, its now time to up the game. The rise of people from this region going on to to lead international giants like Google is well known. This is what makes Madurai a special city that connects modernity with tradition, technology with humaneness, cutting edge next-gen products with native crafts, business with tourism.
The start-up ecosystem is getting vibrant in this part of the world with a host of events happening in the last 5-6 months addressing venture investments, social media & digital start-ups etc. The Techstars start-up weekend is slated to happen from May 24th upto May 26th and hosted at ELCOT IT Park, Madurai. The objective of the start-up weekend is to provide superior experiential education for technical and non-technical entrepreneurs, by providing all the necessary support to bring an idea to reality. This unique platform is a place to meet a new co-founder, marketers, established business icons, designers and developers and get advised by a brilliant lineup of mentors and judges to validate the idea and take the idea to market ready product/service.
How the Start-Up weekend works ?
As metros and tier-1 cities get saturated in terms of quality of life, inability to catch up in terms of infrastructure, traffic woes, threat of looming environmental impact, increasing crime incidents it is only sensible to look at the next set of cities that can catapult the state and the country in growth path. From that perspective, Madurai offers more reasons to be the next business hub after the capital city of Chennai & textile town Coimbatore.
Each participant will get:
- An exclusive .Co domain including the hosting for a year- FREE!
- 3000$ worth Google Cloud Platform credits to build mobile and web apps.
- 5000$ worth AWS credits for all the startups golive with in a month by Madurai Startups Community.
- 6 Months startup planner tool
- Exclusive Startup Weekend goodies and SWAGS.
- A well designed community inspired T-shirt.
- Official Startup Weekend Certificate!
- Coffee, Snacks-available all day to power up your brain.
- Unlimited gourmet buffet food over the course of the weekend (that’s 7 meals!)
The Winning Team gets
- ‘Startup Weekend Madurai‘ Title Winner
- Free Co-working space By 625001.in
- Free Legal & Compliance Support
- Cyber security support for Product By ServWing
- Winners Weekend Trip Sponsored By The Holiday Navigator
- Mentors Connect
- Investors Connect & Funding from Blaze Ventures & Madurai Angel Networks
Registration Link : http://bit.ly/swmadurai2019/
Venue : CVIAC,Elcot IT Park,Madurai
Date : May 24 (5PM) – May 26(9PM),2019
Point of Contact : 91-7010328830
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Written By Krishna(email@example.com) & Posted by Siva.