The Startup Weekend Evansville judging criteria is broken up into four sections. Teams are judged according to the following criteria (weighed equally):
- Have they established a “Minimal Viable Product” for the weekend (be it software, hardware, etc.)? *Note: an MVP is the minimal feature set to be able to start collecting data.
- How many iterations of the product have the done throughout the weekend? Successful product execution should be able to show you a roadmap of where they started and how they have collected data to evolve their product. A great SW team should be able to make it through many cycles of data collection throughout the weekend.
- Were they able to demo something functional?
Business Model Validation:
- Can you identify a clear customer segment?
- Can you identify a clear value proposition to that customer?
- How many customers did you talk to in the weekend?
- How have you validated your solution with the customers?
- How will you acquire customers?
- What differentiates your model from competitors?
- What are your users core needs?
- How many users have you engaged with?
- What feedback have you gotten to inspire your user feature set?
- Tell me based off your user insights why your product looks this way?
- Tell me based off your user insights why your product feels this way?
- Who is your team made up of?
- Why can this team take your idea to the next level?
- What has your team done this weekend to show you can go above and beyond all other startups to become successful?