The exciting news about the first Startup Weekend Siem Reap 2015, there are five teams formed among of the 30+ participants. It is quite an amazing moment when these ideas are transformed into real businesses.
The e-learning platform to promote teaching professions at the same time provide the best courses online and offline.
Raising awareness of the importance of breathing mindfully (through our campaign).
3. Krou Live
The online platform connecting teachers to improve the teaching and learning methods as well as connecting them to different teachers, resources, tools.
Mobile App helping you make the most of your social networks by revealing who of your friends can help you connect with whoz around.
Provide Siem Reap and Cambodia with eco-friendly disposable products.
Follow us for more updates on twitter @swcambodia and facebook startupweekendcambodia.
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url
This video shows some of the highlights of Startup Weekend Phnom Penh in November 2014.
Registrations still open for Startup Weekend Siem Reap in less than 2 weeks! Get tickets at http://bit.ly/SWsiemreap
We’re glad you asked!
In a nutshell, Startup Weekend is an opportunity for anyone anywhere to workshop ideas, from small business ventures to innovative apps, and turn them into reality. If you want a refresher on what a Startup Weekend entails, check out our previous post, What is a “Startup Weekend anyway?” and take a look at the Startup Weekend Siem Reap About page.
No matter your background; designer, developer, tech guru, or just interested in being a part of something different, Startup Weekend Siem Reap is the perfect place to test your talents and gain valuable entrepreneurial experience. Even if you don’t have a business idea of your own you’ll be able to collaborate with others, sharing your skills to make something great.
Throughout the weekend you’ll get a crash course on how to take an idea and turn it into action. Mentors established in the startup community will provide tips and critiques to help you and your team shape a viable business model, which you will then pitch to a panel of judges. Over the 54-hour workshop you’ll also become a more empowered leader and further develop your creative and innovative thinking abilities, priceless skills in the social entrepreneurship world.
Need some inspiration?
Check out these awesome ideas that launched from Startup Weekend Phnom Penh:
Joonaak – Delivery Services in Phnom Penh. Take a look at their really nice delivery motorbikes https://www.facebook.com/joonaak2u
Pmap – Stands for Promotion Map, a mobile application that allows you to easily find great promotions nearby https://www.facebook.com/pmap.official
So what are you waiting for? Register now and take advantage of early bird prices!
Startup Weekend Siem Reap 2015 | Friday 29 May 6pm until Sunday 31 May evening
Venue: The 1961 Coworking and Art Space
$22 (early bird, full price is $30) – includes all food and drinks for the weekend, coaching from our professional mentors, startup tools and lots of fun!
Visit our Startup Weekend Siem Reap page to register and buy tickets!
For the first time ever Startup Weekend is coming to Siem Reap! You’re going to hear us talk a lot about it over the coming weeks (we can’t help it, we’re excited) and thought you might be wondering: What is a “Startup Weekend” anyway?
According to the event’s handbook, the purpose of a Startup Weekend is to provide anyone all over the world the opportunity to experience entrepreneurship and develop the skills, connections, and confidence necessary to launch a company.
The hands-on experience will guide you from pitching your idea and forming a team to creating a working prototype while mentors and coaches help you turn your idea into reality, all in 54 hours.
Is Startup Weekend right for you?
Have you been mulling over an idea? Or perhaps you have a set of skills and want to be a part of something fresh? Then Startup Weekend Siem Reap is the perfect opportunity to flush out your thoughts, hone your talents, and finally get to work on that business venture.
Do you have what it takes to launch a startup in 54 hours? Join us and find out!
Learn more about what Startup Weekend Siem Reap entails and reserve your spot here: Startup Weekend Siem Reap
We are happy to announce the formed team of Startup Weekend Phnop Penh 2014. There are 8 teams started working on their own ideas and startups since yesterday 14th November 2014.
1. SafeRentCambodia: We are trying create the biggest and reliable online application help to find the office or place to stay easily, fast and convenient.
Team Members: Andrey Degtyaruk, Denis Viklov, Punleu Chomnan, Sze Jia Tan and Sophea Kuy.
2. BizWorld: is an online advertising agency which aims at helping businesses/companies who are not actively/not involved in promoting their brands on social media. On our website, they can share their business profiles, products, services, special promotions and receive consultation from us on how to better improve their services and products in the future, rating and feedback from customers. We believe this business idea will help circulate Cambodia’s economy especially in this digital age when social media is playing a pivotal role in boosting businesses profit and when the ASEAN Economic Integration arrives in 2015 when the business world becomes more competitive than ever before.
Team Members: Hong Sochea, Khieu Suntheng, Youleng Joenie, Chantola, Sokeara and Vannkorn.
3. EatWithMe PP: Everyone loves food! Food makes us happy. It’s really hard to decide where to go and what to eat. Eat With Me is here to help happy eaters find good restaurant deals and food guide in Phnom Penh. Join Eat With Me to stay updated with the current food reviews and restaurants.
Team Members: Mina Song, Chhunhor Ly and Reasey Arun.
4. Office Efficiency Cambodia: Hub for computer literacy resources for Khmer students starting university. Training and capacity building workshops in common office tools and technologies to corporate clients.
Team Members: Michael Yockney, Criz, David, Scott and Tyler.
5. Streetfoodies: is the social enterprise that promote Cambodian lifestyle via street food.
Team Members: Alis InWonderland, Moniroth Chuon, Sipheng Lim, Victoire Rio, Chuy Thong and Salux Chan.
6. Ardection: We connect artists, designers, and other creative people to clients.
Team Members: Vicheaka Lim, Kret Sopanha, Theam Sothidaneath and Christian Trabold.
7. Joonaak: Delivery service for SMEs and E-commerce
Team Members: Elvin Long, Soliya Kong, Leakhena Long and Puyhoung Loch.
8. PMap: Application that show you great nearby promotions around you.
Team: Bunsour Heng, Choeng Enghort, Pisith Hao and Nath Chan.
More news will be coming…!