Start building your future in just 54 hours Startup Weekend: Learn, Network, Startup – with Startup Weekend Impact Tairāwhiti.
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active community leaders and entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. Startup Weekend organisers and facilitators can be found in hundreds of cities around the world. From Mongolia to South Africa to Canada to Brazil, people around the globe come together for 54 hour workshops to pitch ideas, form teams, and start companies to change their lives as well as those around them.
All Startup Weekend events follow the same model:
- Anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers.
- Teams form organically around the ideas and those that have the most popular votes or team members carry on past Friday night. Each team must have at least three people..
- What follows is a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation.
- The event culminates with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders which presents another opportunity for critical feedback.
- Whether entrepreneurs found companies, find a cofounder, meet someone new, or simply learn a new skill that stretches them beyond their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups.
First and foremost, Startup Weekend is about experiential education. Participants don’t just listen to theory. They get their hands dirty and put theories to the test by collaborating with like-minded, passionate individuals from a variety of backgrounds and points of view. Participants also receive invaluable one-on-one time with the movers and shakers from their community, as local tech and startup leaders who take part in Startup Weekend as mentors and judges.
It’s important to remember that it’s not just about the idea—it’s about the team. Startup Weekend attracts each community’s best makers and doers, and by spending a weekend working to build scalable companies that solve real-world problems, our participants build long-lasting relationships and may even walk away with a job or an investor. Startup Weekend is hands down the best way to find someone with whom you can actually launch a startup! Quite possibly the most valuable aspect is that not only will participants be integrating with their local community, they will be joining a global community of over 100,000 Startup Weekend alumni with a common mission to change their community and world.