Seattle Startup Week is a five-day celebration of entrepreneurship with over 70 events.
UP Global, Chase, WeWork, and the Seattle Startup Week Committee are excited to announce the line-up for the second annual Seattle Startup Week! Taking place in locations across all of Seattle October 20-24, Seattle Startup Week is a five-day, entrepreneur-led, volunteer-run, free event held in the community. Seattle Startup Week will showcase startup culture and connect startup enthusiasts through meetups, panels, talks, mentor sessions, demos, and activities hosted in the city’s entrepreneurial spaces.
Startups and startup-oriented organizations including WeWork, ThinkSpace, StartupGrind, General Assembly, Elance-oDesk, 9Mile Labs, SURF, and law firm Davis Wright Tremaine will collaborate over various conference tracks including Startup Legal, New to Seattle, Scaling Up, Women in Entrepreneurship, Failure, and more.
Look for events including:
- Understanding the Power of Visual Information & Rules to Never Break When Embracing it, led by CEO Amy Balliett of Killer Infographics, the contributor of the printed Seattle Startup Week materials available at participating events.
- Scaling Sales & Marketing on a Shoestring Budget with Matt Heinz, author of Sales for Startups.
- The Future of Software, APIs, and the Internet of Things, with John Sheehan (Runscope) and Jim Heising (Bug Labs).
Additional events include successful CEO stories of failure, knowing when to pull the plug on your project, intellectual property, innovation districts, seed financing, and more. Seattle Startup Week Basecamp Powered by Chase, located at the Impact Hub in Pioneer Square, will serve as the home of the keynote track and be a place for people to drop in, charge up, and connect.
A big thank you goes to our community leaders on the Seattle Startup Week committee:
- Bob Crimmins, CEO of MoonTango, Keynote Track Captain
- Carter Rabasa, Developer Evangelist at Twilio, Development Track Captain
- Dan Hall, CEO at Gunup.com, Veterans Track Captain
- Dave Parker, SVP of Product at UP Global
- Ef Rodriguez, Director of Global Social at HTC, New to Seattle Track Captain
- Gina Phillips, Seattle Lead for WeWork, Design Track Captain
- Joe Wallin, Partner at Davis Wright Tremaine, Startup Legal Track Captain
- Kate Hawk, City Manager for Elance-oDesk, Marketing Track Captain
- Luni Libes, Founder & Managing Director at Fledge, Social Good Track Captain
- Michael Grabham, Chapter Director of StartupGrind, Failure Track Captain
- Nathan Daum, Startup Manager at UW, University Track Captain
- Peter Chee, Founder & CEO at ThinkSpace, Scaling Up Track Captain
For a full list of events and to RSVP, visit seattle.startupweek.co.
Follow @startupweekSEA with hashtag #StartupWeekSEA.
About Seattle Startup Week: Seattle Startup Week was founded in 2013 by Gina Phillips, currently the lead for WeWork Seattle, with a mission to connect the community and raise the profile of Seattle as a startup city. With help from community members like GeekWire, Red Russak (Sales Manager for Apptentive), Amy Balliett (CEO of Killer Infographics), and Rebecca Lovell (the City of Seattle’s Startup Liaison), the first annual Seattle Startup Week included over 25 events and 2500 attendees. In early 2014, Phillips entrusted Seattle Startup Week to UP Global, in support of their new Startup Week program, empowering local community leaders to establish Startup Weeks in their own cities.