This week’s Community Leader is Tina Peterson from Kansas City, Missouri!
Here’s why she makes a huge impact on her local community:
She’s extremely active in a variety of programs in her area.
– She’s a Board Member of KC Women in Technology
– Founding Member of Athena League
– Mentor for the Sprint Mobile Health Accelerator
– Lead Organizer for KC Startup Weekend
– SQL Saturday Organizer
– KC Geek Night and 1MC ( One Million Cup ) regular
And she’s been a part of some impressive accomplishments in the startup world…
– Sprint and Techstars Launch Startup Accelerator for Mobile Health
– Sprint Joins With UP Global To Support Entrepreneurship And Innovation
– Pipeline Announces Sprint to Join as Top-Level Corporate Partner
– Sprint supports expansion of Silicon Prairie News to Kansas City
– Sprint’s Student Innovation Experience
– Digital Sandbox KC
Here are some words of wisdom from Tina herself:
Probably the most consistent question I get asked is How did you do … [fill in the blank] ? When you take away all the details of the responses I’ve given to this question, it boils down to one simple response, I started doing something. I didn’t always know what I was getting into or how I would get it done but in the end, it wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t decide to do something. So my advice to you is believe in yourself and start doing something.
And her own personal ‘desktop manifesto’: