You are face to face with your opponent, both of you vying for the win. Who’s move is next? Where do you go from here? Will you win?
Entrepreneurship is a game. Some of the elements of this game include:
- Everyone starts at the same position, but sometimes you get to choose the starting position.
- There are various players. Each one has a special ability.
- Sometimes collusion with other players is acceptable (e.g. Monopoly)
- Playing multiple times helps you anticipate some of the hurdles, turns, and surprises.
- There are rules, but if you rewrite the rules, it’s not cheating! It’s creating a brand new game.
- The pride in winning is greater than any monetary reward.
- Winning is rewarded by another round.
So as you dive into this game of entrepreneurship, make sure you know when to roll the die, understand the basic rules, know how to make your own rules, and know your opponent!
Let us know what game is most like entrepreneurship. Chess? Poker? Chutes and Ladders? Monopoly? Something else?
This was originally created by Kriti Vichare for #entrepreneurfail: Startup Success.