On November 14-23th, 2014, startup communities around the world and UP Global are joining forces to create the largest startup competition in the entire world- the Global Startup Battle! Last year we had 15,000 participants at 167 events across 40 countries and more than $500,000 in prizes.
This year, UP Global and the Startup Education team are working on some exciting opportunities to support education entrepreneurs during the Global Startup Battle. So far, 11 communities have stepped up to organize Startup Weekend Education events during Global Startup Battle 2014. We want your community’s education entrepreneurs to have the opportunity to share their education innovation with the world and be the education leaders that the world needs! With more than 1000 education entrepreneurs and 100 teams solving the world’s obstacles in education, who will have the greatest impact on today’s education system?
Why organize a Startup Weekend Education event during GSB? As a Startup Weekend Education organizer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Showcase your education innovation community to the world
- Provide your teams with the opportunity to compete at the regional and global level for prizes that will help them build their startup
- Play a vital role in building startup culture and creating impact in your local education community
- Grow your edtech network in your city by engaging with and building valuable relationships with education technology leaders, CEO of edtech companies, & investors from throughout the Bay Area to serve as judges, mentors & sponsors
- Empower your community’s educators to collaborate with developers, designers, business experts, & other entrepreneurs passionate about education to build the next generation of education startups
- Build a newfound sense of community among those who are passionate about improving educational outcomes for millions of learners
- Change the conversation in your community to not just be about identifying problems in education but become action-oriented by designing & developing real solutions to today’s education problems
- Spread the love for Startup Weekend Education while having fun with an awesome organizing team of emerging edtech leaders
What types of problems will my community solve this weekend?
Here’s some videos of the 4 Startup Weekend Education teams that competed in the 2013 vGlobal Startup Battle. Last year, the top 2 teams from every Startup Weekend and Startup Weekend Education event had the opportunity to submit 1 minute video pitches to compete in the epic battle for the $500,000 of prizes. You can be a part of bringing your community’s education ideas like this to life!
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url
Join These 13 Communities and Bring the Battle to Improve Education to Your Community
- Arequipa, Peru
- Aspen, Colorado
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Curitiba, Brazil
- Dallas, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Mumbai, India
- Portland, Oregon
- Pristina, Kosovo
- Rochester, New York
- Seattle, Washington
- Tokyo, Japan
- Zagreb, Croatia