Startup Education is the largest initiative in the world to provide year-round programming and resources dedicated to giving anyone, anywhere the opportunity to take action to improve education. SXSWedu is one of the most prominent conferences in the world focused on bringing people together to share ideas about fostering innovation in learning. Some say its a match made in education innovation heaven, and today, we’re excited to announce that we’ve submitted three proposals to present at next year’s SXSWedu conference. But we need your help!
30% of SXSWedu panel selection is based on public votes, which means your willingness to “thumbs-up” our proposals can mean the difference between new, action-oriented, and far-reaching approaches to improving education being shared, or the same ‘ol same ol’ narrative being told about the possibilities for education to evolve. We hope that our track record and vision going forward will inspire you to support our involvement in SXSWedu, but if that’s not enough, here are three key topics for discussion we’d like to add to the story being told at the conference:
- Edtech solutions, alone, will not transform education. Communities of people equipped with entrepreneurial skills, who are empowered to take action will transform education.
- A collaborative innovation process that involves multiple stakeholders, perspectives, and skill-sets is the best innovation process when it comes to improving educational outcomes.
- Creating the space to challenge what school traditionally looks like, feels like, and results in, spurs creativity and produces fresh ideas for designing improved models for learning.
Take Action: Place Your Vote by Friday, September 5th
Public voting officially ends Friday, September 5th. If you’re interested in helping us shake up the usual narrative about innovating education, and share the incredible grassroots work our Community Leaders around the world are doing to affect change, then complete these 3 quick steps:
Step 1: Create an account on SXSW Panel Picker. (If you already have one, skip to item #2 below)
- Click here to be directed to our SXSWedu proposal webpage.
- In the upper right-hand corner, select “Sign In.” You will be directed to a new page.
- On the Sign-In Page, select “Create Account.” Insert the required information, and your account will be confirmed.
Step 2: Vote for our three proposals
- Click on the links below
- On each page, select the “thumbs up” icon in the upper left-hand corner (Yes, you can vote for all three!)
- Vote for Growing an Education Innovation Community
- Vote for Understanding and Empathizing with Education Users
- Vote for Redesigning School As We Know It
Step 3: Share the opportunity
Know other people who want to shake things up?
Easily share this opportunity by clicking on the Twitter icons below:
- Grow your own education innovation community. Vote for this @SW_Edu panel at #SXSWedu: http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/38230 #edchat #edtech
- Build with the education user in mind. Vote for this @SW_Edu panel at #SXSWedu: http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/40721 #edchat #edtech
- Redesign School As We Know It. Vote for this @SW_Edu panel at #SXSWedu: http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/42174 #edchat #edtech
Interested in checking out other SXSWedu panel submissions from Startup Education Community Leaders? See them highlighted here.
Want to learn more about Startup Education? Visit our website
Have comments or questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org