If I close a deal, get some PR, or expand my business, the first thing that comes to everyone’s mind: “guess some people are just lucky.”
That’s easy for them to say. They don’t know the insider scoop, the backstory, or the behind the scene effort. Entrepreneurs create their own luck, and they know it takes a combination platter of their own efforts to have a successful business.
For each stride and advancement in a startup, the reality involves some of the following:
- Blood – Entrepreneurship does hurt.
- Sweat – More effort than a marathon.
- Tears – Emotional attachment and vulnerability.
- Work – Nonstop.
- Hustle – Selling even when you’re not.
- Sleepless – Naps are good.
- Doubt – Am I good enough?
- Drive – Motivation is the currency.
- Push – Take it to the next level.
- Setback – Two steps forward, three steps back.
- Call – Cold, warm, anytime.
- Drama – Vendors, Competitors.
- Characters – Employees, Customers, Clients.
- Sale – Finally!
Let us know your reality in the comments below. Did luck have anything to do with your success?