Today, Techstars, the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed, announced the leading verticals for its Q1 2018 accelerator programs. More companies that focus on SaaS, Marketplace and AI/AR/VR joined Techstars Mentorship-driven Accelerators this quarter than any other verticals, followed by EdTech, aerospace, and HR startup companies.
Overall, more than 120 companies joined Techstars’ Q1 2018 programs, which take place in cities around the world including Austin, Boulder, Dubai, Seattle, New York City, Boston, Berlin and Los Angeles — not to mention our mostly virtual program, Techstars Anywhere.
It’s fantastic to see our accelerator portfolio grow with this promising group of entrepreneurs. While we see demonstrated concentration in a few trending technologies like SaaS and Marketplace, we see a wide range of tech companies entering the Techstars network, continuing to grow our portfolio’s breadth and depth.
Between the horizontal focus of our city programs, like the Techstars Boulder Accelerator, and our vertical programs, like the Techstars Autonomous Technology Accelerator with the U.S. Air Force, we continue to attract the best entrepreneurs all over the world.
Additionally, Techstars’ Q1 2018 programs accepted companies focusing on genomics, sensors, robotics, hardware, energy, and many others. By investing in startups disrupting new fields, like genomics and sensors, we are continuing to diversify and expand the Techstars accelerator portfolio.
Below is a breakdown of the six leading verticals for Techstars’ Q1 2018 programs:
SaaS technologies continue to be one of the best known segments of cloud computing. Below are the latest SaaS companies to enter Techstars accelerator programs around the globe:
BubbleIQ – Enables customer support, IT and HR teams to better serve customers and employees by connecting helpdesk systems to enterprise chat tools.
- DNSFilter provides a global network content filtering service that can be deployed in just 5 minutes.
- Geospiza helps emergency managers and elected officials save lives in disaster by harnessing big data and translating it into forward leaning decision support.
- KPIready automates KPI collection and investor reporting so that startups can focus on growing their business.
- LaunchBoard is an integrated innovation portfolio & innovation project management.
- Ninox empowering any user to create business Apps for teams.
- One Step provides software to addiction & rehab facilities.
- Ordermark helps restaurants adopt and streamline online ordering to attract and serve larger audiences.
- Secondbrain is an artificial ghost writer that iterates for lyricists. Text-based AI analyzes your writing style and then helps you finish a phrase or a sentence.
- Soluki eliminates cost and language barriers by empowering Arabic speakers to build websites without the need for any technical skills.
- Walkthrough helps agents & home buyers replace the time-consuming process of touring properties with a simple and affordable virtual reality experience.
- Wisk Solutions is the most advanced beverage analytics platform on the market for restaurants, bars and hotels.
Today’s internet marketplaces are extremely innovative compared to their predecessors from the early 1990s. Here are the Marketplace companies entering Techstars programs in Q1 2018:
- AVVAY helps creative talent find and book locations that enable their projects and events to come to life.
- Elmy is an online marketplace to discover and book appointments with local beauty professionals.
- Locumunity is a centralized marketplace for temp doctors, no middleman.
- Queen of Raw is a marketplace matching buyers and sellers of surplus fabric, textiles, and other raw materials.
- Shelf Network enables multi-merchant auctions across the globe.
- Vertoe offers short term to long term storage solutions.
- Waggle on-demand dog walking and pet care.
Artificial intelligence, augmented reality and virtual reality have had significant breakthroughs in recent years. Adoption of this innovative technology continues to grow across both consumer users and enterprises. Below are the AI/AR/VR companies joining Techstars:
- BioInteractive Technologies is the first hands-free, camera-free, wrist worn gesture recognition wearable.
- Flow.ai provides a state of the art platform to create chatbots, voice assistants, customer service or conversational commerce solutions.
- iLive VR ia a virtual reality platform for real estate, e-commerce and design.
- LumiereVR is devoted to providing the best cinematic VR experience.
- SENSO.AI is the predictive customer acquisition and retention platform for the mortgage industry
- Spark.dj utilizes AI technology to bring the experience of a live DJ to any venue or social setting.
- Viar is easy-to-use 360 VR storytelling.
EdTech experienced a resurgence in investment in 2017 and Techstars welcomed five new EdTech companies to its Q1 2018 class:
- Educative Publishing is a platform and a marketplace for interactive & adaptive courses.
- Flipd is addressing phone addiction for the next generation.
- Goally empowers kids with developmental challenges like ADHD and autism to lead more independent and stress free lives.
- Skillpop Local hosts in-person pop up classes (ie: cooking, photography, art, etc.)
- Subhe offers on-demand skill development in Indian languages.
Techstars portfolio companies are disrupting the aerospace industry just like Uber did to the transportation sector. Below are the Aerospace companies joining Techstars:
- 14bis is a supply tracking binary solution for a supply chain of trust
- URSA – is analysis tools and services designed for UAVs, robots, and the IoT space
- Robodub platform with articulating arms to carry multiple packages, odd shaped or lopsided packages and dynamic payloads like sling payloads
- SecureMarking offers Blockchain-enabled authentication for components
- SICdrone developed the first tiltrotor enabled multicopter—an all-weather aircraft system capable of unprecedented speed and maneuverability.
Technology is transforming how HR teams engage with employees. It’s an area that is ripe for disruption. These five HR-focused companies were selected to join Techstars:
- Altru is a mobile-video platform that allows companies to share their story through their employees
- Filtered.ai is performance-based hiring software that objectively evaluates a candidate based on their skills and not on their resume.
- Ganaz Technologies is like “Glassdoor” for low wage, low literacy workers and their employers.
- Involvesoft offers employee engagement through volunteering.
- WeSolv connects a diverse MBA network to companies to solve real business challenges.
Below is a comprehensive list of each company, broken out by class.
BioInteractive Technologies – The first hands-free, camera-free, wrist worn gesture recognition wearable.
DNSFilter – DNSFilter provides a global network content filtering service that can be deployed in just 5 minutes.
Filtered.ai – Performance-based hiring software that objectively evaluates a candidate based on their skills and not on their resume.
Flikshop – Helps families stay in touch with their incarcerated loved ones.
Goodr – Goodr is a sustainable food waste management company leveraging technology to redirect surplus food from businesses to the food insecure.
Lynq – Lynq makes a device that helps you find your people in crowds, remote areas or anywhere cell phones fail.
Queen of Raw – Marketplace matching buyers and sellers of surplus fabric, textiles, and other raw materials.
Storytap – Helps marketers capture original, user-generated, brand-directed video stories daily, from anywhere in the world.
TokenClub – TokenClub offers a monthly subscription to curated and vetted ICO tokens.
Trust & Will – Makes it easy, fast, and secure to setup your trust or will online in about 10 minutes.
Allstacks – Allstacks enables dev orgs to be data driven.
Docstation – Pharma focused healthcare platform for payers to manage customer relationships.
Locus Tracking – Eye tracking software.
Mesur.io – Device to provide real-time ad data for ag technicians.
Milkful – Health bars to help new moms produce more breast milk.
My Van Robot – Robots that teach math to k-6.
Rosso & Flynn – Modernizing the butcher industry with direct to consumer on-demand locally sourced meat (all types).
Skillpop – Local in -person pop up classes (ie: cooking, photography, art etc).
Transmute – Making the blockchain accessible for development for traditional enterprises.
Waggle – On-demand dog walking and pet care.
Techstars Autonomous Technology Accelerator with the U.S. Air Force
14bis Supply Tracking – Binary solution for a Supply Chain of Trust.
Blind Tiger Communications – Wireless Security through Managed Access of Mobile, UAS, & WiFi Devices Across the Global Spectrum.
Graphenest – Graphenest is shaping the future of everyday lifestyle products by producing graphene, a material with extraordinary properties.
Guardion – Making the world safer from nuclear threats with quantum technology radiation detectors.
Notch Technologies – Rapidly reconfiguring antenna systems to increase communication ranges.
OmniPreSense – Short range radar sensors enabling drones, robotics, and IoT systems to “see” the world around them.
Robodub – Drone platform with articulating arms to carry multiple packages, odd shaped or lopsided packages and dynamic payloads like sling payloads.
SecureMarking – Blockchain-enabled authentication for components.
SICdrone – Developed the first tiltrotor enabled multicopter—an all-weather aircraft system capable of unprecedented speed and maneuverability.
URSA – Forensic analysis tools and services designed for UAVs, robots, and the IoT space.
Aazzur – Innovative cross-border banking services.
Archain – On demand permanent data storage.
Czar Securities – Plug-n-play rock solid security for websites.
Inuru – Light & motion on paper with cutting edge printed light tech.
Involvesoft – Employee engagement through volunteering.
Ninox – Empowering any user to create business Apps for teams.
OptioAI – Helping young people to build better spending habits.
Shelf Network – Shelf Network enables multi-merchant auctions across the globe.
Stark Mobility – A new way of transportation.
Subhe – On-demand skill development in Indian languages.
Viar – Easy to use 360 VR Storytelling.
Brio – Brio Systems brings the latest in behavioral & nutritional science to your fitness center.
Chameleon – Optimizing financial statement processing for commercial lenders.
FAZTA – Fazta is a mobile app that empowers tradesmen to look professional and take control of all aspects of their business in today’s digital era.
Meenta – Helping scientists focus on making great discoveries.
Noria – Noria is building the world’s first premium home cooling brand with innovative design and increased efficiency.
Openly – A modern, digital-age insurance company tailor made for independent insurance agents.
Securicy – End-to-end expert solution that protects your SMB.
Sophia – Sophia makes it easy to connect with a mental health therapist who is a good fit for you.
SparkCharge – SparkCharge provides EV owners with a portable, modular, ultra-fast charging unit to charge their car anytime and anywhere they want.
AVVAY – Helps creative talent find and book locations that enable their projects and events to come to life.
BubbleIQ – Enables customer support, IT and HR teams to better serve customers and employees by connecting helpdesk systems to enterprise chat tools.
Dynepic – Empowers app, hardware, wearable, and smart toy makers to easily create and deploy kid-safe, privacy-certified, personalized and social features.
Flex – Enables fitness enthusiasts to get a bodyweight workout experience as exciting as a boutique studio class from the convenience of their own home.
Geospiza – Helps emergency managers and elected officials save lives in disaster by harnessing big data and translating it into forward leaning decision support.
Goally – Empowers kids with developmental challenges like ADHD and autism to lead more independent and stress free lives.
Krak – Connects participants in rebellious sports, like skateboarding and rock climbing, with community and products to deepen their connection with the sport.
Ordermark – Helps restaurants adopt and streamline online ordering to attract and serve larger audiences.
Player’s Health – Helps sports organizations manage risk and control liability by providing risk management services and on demand insurance.
Walkthrough – Helps agents & home buyers replace the time-consuming process of touring properties with a simple and affordable virtual reality experience.
Techstars Dubai Accelerator in partnership with GINCO
Flugauto – An electric, driverless, flying car company looking to radically disrupt the way we travel.
iLive VR – A virtual reality platform for real estate, e-commerce and design.
Klasha – Klasha is a UK based online fast fashion retailer for 20-somethings shipping globally with fast delivery to Africa.
MyFelix – A Full-Service Digital Insurance Broker focused on the GCC market.
Natufia – a fully automated growing machine with state of the art technology and a sleek design. It offers easy kitchen integration and year-round fresh food production.
Novele – Novele creates solutions for the building in the digital age.
Nytilus – Nytilus helps construction industry to see and perform better by leveraging AR and AI technologies.
Soluki – Our platform eliminates cost and language barriers by empowering Arabic speakers to build websites without the need for any technical skills.
TagX Labs – Your Identity. In Motion.
The Pole Society – TPS Engage is for outdoor advertising what Facebook is for online advertising.
Techstars Music Accelerator
Blink Identity – Blink Identity builds biometric products for high-throughput, real-time identification of people in motion.
Edison.ai – Edison.ai analyzes consumers’ preferences and profile consumers using image recognition and AI technology.
Endel – Endel is a personalised sound environment app that generates soundscapes to help users focus and relax.
Gimme Radio – Gimme Radio, the ultimate listening experience for the the underserved fan equipped with an unique communication platform that connects fans, DJs, and artists, and its hyper-relevant music merchandising Gimme Radio keeps the listener engaged, excited, and purchasing.
HelloTickets – Hello Tickets is a blockchain based ticket solution that traces the entire ticket journey, so fans and artists will never have to worry again about fraudulent tickets and scalpers.
Mighty Audio – Mighty is the first portable audio player that takes your streaming content offline without a phone or a data connection.
Seated – Seated is a lottery-based ticketing system that weeds out scalpers and rewards true fans.
Secondbrain – An artificial ghost writer that iterates for lyricists. Text-based AI analyzes your writing style and then helps you finish a phrase or a sentence.
Soundcharts – Soundcharts is the Market Intelligence platform of the Music Industry: its goal is to modernize the workflow of every music professional by providing global and real-time data-analytics in an all-in-one solution.
Spark.dj – Spark.dj utilizes AI technology to bring the experience of a live DJ to any venue or social setting.
Techstars New York City Accelerator
Acculis – Using 3D models to help reduce errors in construction in the office and on-site.
Altru – A mobile-video platform that allows companies to share their story through their employees.
Claya – Makes a daily supplement mix tailored to an individual‘s genetic blueprint, lifestyle and lab results.
Clear Cut – A direct-to-consumer diamond ring platform empowering couples by providing a curated selection of hig engagement rings at fair price points and utilizing expert educational content-quality.
KPIready – Automates KPI collection and investor reporting so that startups can focus on growing their business.
Kyso – Gives you a one-click data-science and machine learning environments in the cloud.
One Step – Provides software to addiction & rehab facilities.
PathSpot – Protects food-service companies and their customers from the threat of foodborne illness by scanning for harmful contamination on employee’s hands.
Streamline Genomics – Platform to help clinicians and researchers benefit from genomic sequencing without the need for data analysis expertise.
TypingDNA – Recognizes people by the way they type.
Vertoe – Platform that offers short term to long term storage solutions.
Techstars Seattle Accelerator
Educative – Publishing platform and a marketplace for interactive & adaptive courses.
Downstream – Helping consumer brands on leading e-commerce platforms maximize sell-through by combining catalog optimization, on-platform paid search, and integrated analytics.
Ganaz Technologies – We’re the glassdoor for low wage, low literacy workers and their employers.
Halo Automotive – Marketing Automation for Automotive.
LaunchBoard – Integrated innovation portfolio & innovation project management.
LegalPad – Superpower your lawyer.
Locumunity – SaaS, a centralized marketplace for temp doctors, no middleman.
Rainway – Leverage the power of your PC and play your favorites games on any device.
Spocket – Discover & Dropship thousands of Unique Products, risk-free.
WeSolv – Connecting a diverse MBA network to companies to solve real business challenges.
Cinchy – Cinchy is a single secure platform that eliminates the need for application-specific databases. By applying the network effect to data, we enable our customers to accelerate their technology delivery projects.
Distributed ID – Distributed ID (DIID) is a private digital identity network that empowers your business and fraud management processes. DIID’s product helps track your customers across all channels and adapts to their changing behaviour patterns.
Elmy – Elmy is an online marketplace to discover and book appointments with local beauty professionals. Elmy also aims to provide beauty professionals and salons with a set of tools to help them serve and create demand for their services.
Flipd – Flipd is addressing phone addiction for the next generation. Their platform is gamifying attention away from distractions by nudging users to stay off their phones while they’re trying to learn, focus, or study.
Flow.ai – Flow.ai provides a state of the art platform to create chatbots, voice assistants, customer service or conversational commerce solutions. With an easy to use drag and drop interface bots can be made and deployed on any channel, such as Facebook Messenger, Amazon Echo or your own website.
Kitchen Mate – Kitchen Mate automates the cooking of meal-kits to deliver convenience without compromises for busy professionals in the workplace.
LumiereVR – LumiereVR is devoted to providing the best cinematic VR experience. We have a strong production arm that bridges the gap between Chinese production powerhouses with Studio Partners in Hollywood, combining strong IPs and financing with tier one storytellers and FX artists. Subsequently our films are pipelined through our very own network of distributed VR theaters, bringing the general public into our cinematic metaverse.
Senso.ai – SENSO.AI is the predictive customer acquisition and retention platform for the mortgage industry.
Tread.io – Tread.io is a software platform for securing, managing and financing construction equipment services such as manned dump trucks, cranes and excavators. This is a $500 billion market that is today managed using pen, paper and telephone calls. Our platform generates data driven improvements to performance by measuring equipment usage in real time through our operator app.
Wisk Solutions – WISK is the most advanced beverage analytics platform on the market for restaurants, bars and hotels. WISK will become the central source for all liquor data in the world.
This has been a big year for Techstars. We’re 10 years old and have now seen over 1,000 companies in the Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs. We have over 30 active programs running this year which means that we are adding roughly 300 founders to our portfolio!
We are excited to announce that these new classes will add an additional 114 companies to the Techstars Worldwide Network.
Out of our 30 global Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, 11 are kicking off this week. Four of these are inaugural classes and locations including Techstars Adelaide, Techstars Kansas City, Techstars Los Angeles and the Alexa Accelerator, Powered by Techstars in Seattle.
Since we’re just kicking off and don’t have any stories about the teams to tell yet, we thought it would be fun to share a great #givefirst story about launching Techstars Adelaide.
When we first started talking about extending our worldwide network to Adelaide, we reached out to contacts we had in Australia. Two of those people have long ties with both Brad Feld and Jenny Lawton from EO, the Kauffman Foundation, as mentors in Techstars and the Techstars Boulder network.
We started talking with Jana Matthews about connecting us with mentors, managing directors, investors and partners and she reminded us that Terry Gold was working with her in Adelaide as well. Terry was a longtime resident of Boulder and a well respected entrepreneur in the local ecosystem. We were thrilled when we humbly asked Jana if she would consider us inviting Terry to apply to be the managing director for Techstars Adelaide, and the rest is history!
With the support of our corporate partners, mentors and the entire Techstars network, we are thrilled to present to you the Q3 2017 companies:
Techstars Atlanta, in partnership with Cox – Techstars Class 99
Learn more about the Techstars Atlanta, in partnership with Cox 2017 class here.
Techstars IoT – Techstars Class 100
Learn more about the Techstars IoT 2017 class here.
Techstars NYC – Techstars Class 101
Learn more about Techstars NYC here.
Techstars Chicago – Techstars Class 102
Learn more about the Techstars Chicago 2017 class here.
Techstars Adelaide – Techstars Class 103
Learn more about the Techstars Adelaide 2017 class here.
The Alexa Accelerator, Powered by Techstars – Techstars Class 104
Learn more about the Alexa Accelerator, Powered by Techstars 2017 class here.
Techstars Kansas City – Techstars Class 105
Learn more about the Techstars Kansas City 2017 class here.
Techstars London – Techstars Class 106
Learn more about the Techstars London 2017 class here.
Techstars Los Angeles – Techstars Class 107
Learn more about the Techstars Los Angeles 2017 class here.
Techstars Retail, in partnership with Target – Techstars Class 108
Learn more about the Techstars Retail, in partnership with Target 2017 class here.
Techstars Mobility – Techstars Class 109
Damon X Labs
Learn more about the Techstars Mobility 2017 class here.
Interested in joining the Techstars Worldwide Network? Applications open July 24th.
Siendo quien activa esta posibilidad, queremos asegurarnos que cuentas con toda la información que podrías necesitar.
Aquí están los recursos más importantes para continuar nuestra misión juntos:
- Announcement Hub (incluyendo el Live Chat)
- Preguntas Frecuentes para Líderes de Comunidad
- Carta por parte de Marc hacia los Líderes de Comunidad
- ¡Únete a los grupos de Facebook! If you’re not already a part, join the conversation:
- AMA Series – ¡Únete a las sesiones de preguntas y respuestas en vivo!
○ Jueves 18 de junio, 9am PST con Marc Nager
○ Jueves 18 de junio, 4:30pm PST con Marc Nager y David Brown
○ Viernes 19 de junio, 10am PST con Marc Nager y David Cohen
Principales cambios para los Líderes de Comunidad:
- Como varias de nuestras oficinas internacionales, las oficinas centrales de Estados Unidos pasarán a ser una entidad con fines de lucro (al convertirse en parte de la organización Techstars). Para la mayoría del mundo, esto no cambiará nada, sin embargo, si has hecho procuración de fondos bajo la bandera de ser una organización sin fines de lucro, estamos creando recursos que te ayudarán a comunicar la nueva propuesta de valor para quienes patrocinen tus eventos. Si te encuentras procurando fondos actualmente para tu siguiente evento, siéntete en la libertad de escribir a tu Regional Manager para soporte inmediato.
- Como una organización con fin de lucro, podremos invertir en equipos exitosos de Startup Weekend a través de los programas de Techstars y re-invertiremos ese valor a la misión en un largo plazo.
- Con esto, la marca de UP Global será retirada en favor de la marca sombrilla de Techstars. Las marcas de los programas como Startup Weekend, Startup Digest, Startup Next, y Startup Week NO cambiarán. Nuestras oficinas internacionales se volverán parte de la marca de Techstars conforme pase el tiempo.
- La marca de Startup America, que se combinó con Startup Weekend cuando se creó UP Global en 2013, será devuelta a Case Foundation, quienes explorarán oportunidades para futuros programas bajo ese nombre.
- Google for Entrepreneurs continuará apoyando a Startup Weekend y Startup Next globalmente y nuestros aliados actuales globales, regionales y de cada programa, continuarán con nosotros mientras seguimos en nuestra operación bajo Techstars.
- ¡Startup Next ahora será gratis! Los costos previamente asociados a la aceptación del programa serán eliminados, dando a más emprendedores la oportunidad de tomar ventaja en este recurso para ayudarles a escalar.
- Estaremos implementando nuevas maneras para que los líderes de comunidad nominen a los equipos que ellos consideren una buena opción para los programas de aceleración de Techstars. Esto no garantiza la aceptación de los equipos, pero confiamos en que nuestros líderes nos ayudarán a identificar esos equipos de alta calidad para brindarles exposición y nuevas oportunidades.
- Como sea posible, estamos emocionados de conectar las dos redes para oportunidades de mentoría, posiciones abiertas en compañías de Techstars y Startup Weekend, espacios compartidos para eventos y más. Si tienes una idea de cómo conectar en una manera específica, déjanos saber.
- Marc Nager, nuestro CEO, será parte del equipo ejecutivo en Techstars como Chief Community Officer. El equipo Global se convertirá en empleados de Techstars sirviendo en el mismo rol o similares y la junta de UP Global, continuará apoyando nuestros esfuerzos en maneras diferentes mientras la junta formal se disuelve.
Estamos extremadamente emocionados de continuar trabajando en esta misión al lado de Techstars y de continuar sirviéndote y a las comunidades de emprendimiento alrededor del mundo. Estamos confiados de que lo que podemos hacer juntos será muy poderoso y estamos ansiosos de proveerte con un mejor y más completo apoyo.
Como siempre, puedes contactar a tu Regional Manager o contactarnos en: firstname.lastname@example.org.