1. How DigitalOcean came be the second largest cloud computing platform.
2. I’ll explain my quote, “’We did everything wrong for a decade.” What were the biggest mistakes I made and how did I look to rectify and learn from them?
3. My thoughts on if / how one can learn to be a great business leader. Is it inherent or if not, what are the steps required to increase your chances?
4. How does DigitalOcean fundamentally scale love? What are the inherent challenges of building this type of culture? How does the theme of love play out in the hiring and the onboarding process?
We’re excited to announce that DigitalOcean is expanding its support and boosting their perk to $250,000 in hosting credits for founders that go through a Techstars accelerator program.
DigitalOcean, a Techstars Boulder 2012 company, is a cloud infrastructure provider focused on simplifying innovation for software developers. Learn more and watch DigitalOcean Startup Stories on “A Saturated Market“, “Massive Growth“, and “Tipping Point.”
“Techstars was a transformative experience for DigitalOcean. They provided us with life-long mentors and industry connections that continue to help us today. We understand first hand the challenges of bootstrapping your business from the ground up. Infrastructure is typically a large expense for businesses that begin to scale rapidly. We want to give back to the startup ecosystem and provide support by offering a $250,000 credit on DigitalOcean to enable the next generation of startups to succeed. We are truly excited to see what each new class of Techstars can build,” said Ben Uretsky, CEO of DigitalOcean.
Not only is DigitalOcean an alum—they are also a global sponsor of Techstars, supporting founders in all of our programs. Want to learn more about how DigitalOcean has grown? They’ve shared how to growth hack to 1,000 users and beyond, and how to build and scale a customer success team from scratch. We’re pleased to be working closely with DigitalOcean to help entrepreneurs build great businesses.
If you want to tackle your startup marketing in an actionable, results-oriented way, look no further than this growth hacking talk from Mitch Wainer, cofounder and CMO of DigitalOcean, a Techstars Boulder 2012 company.
In the talk, given to the Techstars in NYC class earlier this year, Mitch outlines that fundamental user acquisition building blocks for startups to create a growth engine and surpass 1,000+ users/customers. He shares tried and true tactics based on DigitalOcean’s growth.
Watch Mitch’s talk here. It will be 35 minutes well-spent:
Don’t see the video? Click here.
“Growth hacking is a mindset.” – tweet this
In the video, Mitch shows you how to create a viral growth engine. He packs a ton of actionable ideas for each of these topics:
- Simple monthly reports
- Standard health metrics include LTV, CAC and churn
- Free trial / promo codes
- Content marketing
- Display advertising
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Retention growth hacks
Other growth hacking resources mentioned:
- Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers
Thanks to Mitch and DigitalOcean for talking with the Techstars in NYC class.
Learn more about DigitalOcean here: https://www.digitalocean.com/