Townsville Startup Weekend and the Festival of Innovation and Creativity are excited to announce a partnership in which the teams with the best performances during the weekend will be invited to present their ideas during the Festival in the following topics:
We have also invited key participants of the Festival to be present on Sunday’s pitches, so we can promote an even greater knowledge exchange between the audiences of the two events.
Festival Keynote Speakers:
1. Dr John Hewson will be a special panellist in our Second Energy Futures Roundtable. He is among other things the Chair of the global Asset Owners Disclosures Project, which is heavily involved in issues related to the financial risks of climate change, and how to manage them.
2. Dr Steve Mark AM, the retired Legal Services Commissioner of NSW and former President of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Commission, and a seriously “big brain” when it comes of social organisation, governance and public value and creative public policy development. He was for example a key player in the development of social bonds in NSW as a way of funding “non economic” public policy initiatives. He is a recipient of an Order of Australia for services to the community.
3. Dr Pradeep Taneja, Fellow (Regional Relationships) at the Australia-India Institute, University of Melbourne who is a global expert in China and India economic development policies and trajectories. He’ll help us better understand just where the region stands when it comes to how India and China are planning on meeting their energy needs into the future.
4. Professor Kerry Brown, all the way from Curtin University in WA, is an internationally recognized expert on regional economic development and the role of clusters and networks. If we need a bit of inspiration about ways in which we can “reshape” how we go about things, Kerry will be able to show us the way.
5. Associate Professor Martin Blake, from the UK, who is a world-recognised leader in corporate and social sustainability. He is prolific and global. Just “Google” him!
Don’t miss this opportunity to get great exposure for your business!