Who: Startups interested in applying to Techstars
What: Info Session
When: September 26
Where: Campus Madrid – Calle Moreno Nieto, 2 Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid
Details: Click here to sign up for the event.
This is just the story of 4 out of 1000+ founders who’ve taken their startup through a Techstars accelerator program, somewhere on planet Earth. Learn the ups and downs, the pros and cons about being on an accelerator program. What would you do differently next time? What stage was your company at? Would you have gotten more out of it if you were later stage? Follow the journey of these 4 entrepreneurs and find out their secret recipe to success.
More than 80 participants came to the event in order to design, develop and create business models in record time of 54h.
The result: 13 Startups were born. Assisted by mentors committed to the event and under the umbrella of the organizers, Startups finally gave presentations on Sunday afternoon. The jury: Rufo de la Rosa (from Google Campus), Paloma Castilian (from Wayra Madrid), Ignacio de Miguel Ximenez (from Loogic.com) and Mario López de Ávila (from Startup Next) selected three finalists:
Food Way: Sharing economy platform that tries to connect people who cook at home with those who doesn’t know about cook or have no time to do it.
Members: Diego Benítez, David García, Domingo Valls, Guillem Ruiz, Marta Rodríguez y Arunima Singh.
Ikaria: sell your startup by pieces and recover part of your investment
Members: Danis Salamanca, Rubén Dugo, Antonio Escobar, Ignacio Sánchez , Natalia Rodríguez, Álvaro O’Donnel
Cercapp: Find local business and chat with them about the service or product. Connecting people with businesses.
Members: Enrique Quero, Anddrea Usier, Jose Jiménez, Juan López and Jose Luis Mejías
Audience Award: bracelet for networking events that sends you the business card of the people you met at an event just after you left.
Members: N’Brace: Caroline White, Eduardo García, Hugo Monreal, Carlos Asensio, Jaime Baselga, Jaime Oliba.
The prizes were:
Cercapp: three months Blinkist subscriptions to all members.
The chaotic and fun event encompassed numerous learning experiences that go through the validation of ideas, teamwork, marketing, creativity and potential exposure of visionary business.
Again, thanks to everyone who offer their time freely to help all participants during the event:
- Media partners: Agoranews, Loogic, GenbetaDev, Iniciador Madrid, Startmeup, Bitspiration, Betabeers and coSfera
Do you want to know more about the projects?, read more on this article: 16 projects on the move.
Yesterday 25 from 100 people presented their ideas and here we have the 16 projects chosen:
- Handbe: Make payments with your hand.
- The dragon tourist: tourist platform based on big data to attract Chinese tourist to Spain.
- Startup 4 sale: A marketplace for startups! Recover your investment and see you baby come to life by the hands of the people who bought it.
- Cercapp: Find local business – chat with them and chat about the service or product. Cercapp connecting people with businesses. Chat with local businesses
- La designerie: Design incubator, student project to reality.
- You collect: Diecast collectors e-commerce platform exclusive for high end collectibles
- Outfly: first person perspective streaming
- Spiral3D: service 3D printing and connect designers with customers
- Food Way: Sharing economy platform that tries to connect people who cook at home with those who doesn’t know about cook or have no time to do it.
- Visual menu: an visual menu app for business
- ReToys: Rent for PACKAGES TOYS specific for required by age and activity stimulation. Design your playroom for your son. Renew Toys by age with LOWER cost and RECYCLING TOYS less Trash for the world.
- Skill up weekend: an event like startup weekend but with a different goal, improve your skills.
- All in one: Stop searching your different data in documents, emails, folders, etc. Now you have all your data in one! Copy, share, send your personal data in 2 seconds and go on!
- Kids @ School: a communication app that connect parents with teachers.
- This or that: Take two pictures and let the community helps you choose.
- Phi Investment Fund: Collaboration platform to do decide global, lean, fast and profitable investments
No talk, all action! 😀