Join us for the Comcast NBCUniversal LIFT Labs Accelerator, Powered by Techstars Demo Day in Philadelphia as our companies take the stage to present their businesses!
6:00 pm Cocktail hour & networking
7:00 pm Opening remarks & company presentations
8:45 pm Cocktail hour & celebrations
9:30 pm Closing
*Even though this is a free event, you must RSVP to attend. Also note that this event is by invitation only, so do not register for more than one ticket. If you would like to recommend someone to attend or have any questions, please contact Rachel Greenspan, Program Manager at Rachel.Greenspan@techstars.com.
RSVP NEEDED BY SUNDAY 10/7 at 11:59pm LATEST
Traveling to Philadelphia? Recommended Hotels:
Applications for the Comcast NBCUniversal LIFT Labs Accelerator, powered by Techstars, are now open through April 8th! Our first program will run July through October of this year and will take place in Comcast NBCUniversal’s global headquarters in Philadelphia.
The Companies We Are Interested In
In general, and in order of priority, Techstars places a high emphasis on team, market, progress and idea when it comes to selecting startups, but each program selects the companies that best fit its thesis.
For this accelerator, we are interested in applications from companies that are creating and/or utilizing technologies including (but not limited to) IoT, artificial intelligence, machine learning, virtual or augmented reality, wireless communication systems, robotics, accessibility tech, blockchain, and voice — in the effort to solve problems in these key areas:
- Entertainment everywhere: Intuitively connecting consumers with engaging content in any form, on any device, anywhere.
- Next-gen marketing: Transforming marketing and advertising to meet shifting consumer behavior in the digital world.
- Breakthrough Experiences: Introducing new digital media experiences with well-fortified business models that produce win-wins for both content producers and audiences.
- Direct-to-Consumer: Introducing brands with the potential to create their own culture and following among consumers.
- Connected home/life: Empowering users to connect with the people, places and things that matter most.
- Smart Cities: Making physical products and spaces more intelligent through advanced sensors, devices and networks.
- Digital Wellness: Enabling better, more accessible well being through enhanced content and connectivity.
Above all, we are interested in meeting the teams who are in the best position to accelerate their companies’ growth and success by leveraging what our program offers — and who are also driven by the fundamental bias to make the world better.
Our Partner Comcast NBCUniversal’s Commitment to Our Program and Companies
In addition to Techstars’ global network, selected companies will receive access to and mentorship from decision makers at Comcast and NBCUniversal. We are excited to combine Techstars’ proven accelerator program with the wisdom of Comcast NBCUniversal’s industry leaders and domain experts. Our aim for the program is to produce triple-wins: Wins for the selected companies, who will not only benefit from our tried-and-true accelerator programming, but also from the unique access to potential opportunities offered by our partner, Comcast NBCUniversal; wins for Techstars, in continuing to build on our strong portfolio and be the network that helps entrepreneurs succeed; and wins for our partner, which is interested in supporting and cultivating entrepreneurs’ intent on developing the next generation of game-changing media, entertainment, and connectivity products that may also positively impact their customers and audiences.
Applications are due April 8th — start your application today.
Got questions? Attend one of the following AMAs to learn more about the program and talk to us live:
Let’s meet! Please fill out this form to request a meeting and mention which one of the cities or events below you’d like to meet at. Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates on locations and dates:
- Austin, Texas: Jan 24-25
- Mexico City, Mexico: Jan 31-Feb 1
- Miami, FL: Feb 7-8 (Black Tech Week)
- San Francisco & Redwood City, CA: Feb 13,14 (Startup Grind Global Conference)
- Los Angeles, CA: Feb 20-21
- Barcelona, Spain: Feb 26-Mar 1
- Philadelphia, PA: March 6-7 (& ongoing)
- Austin, Texas: March 9-11 (SXSW)
- Boulder, CO: March 15
- Boston, MA: March 19-20
- New York, NY: March 29-30 (& ongoing)
- Portland, OR: April 2-3
- Vancouver, Canada: April 4-6
And if you’re not planning on visiting these areas and/or the dates don’t match with your availability, don’t fret! You can still request a meeting; just let me where you are based on this form and we’ll do our best to chat with you.
But you don’t need to schedule a meeting to apply! You can, of course, still apply to the program right away.
I’m excited to learn about your company!
What better way to learn how to win Global Startup Battle than by researching last year’s winners! Check them out, watch their videos, research their teams, and find out what made them rise to the top of the world!