At Techstars Retail, we recently wrapped up a cross-country info session tour where we met with founders and discussed our upcoming accelerator program in partnership with Target. The response has been overwhelmingly positive and we can’t wait to kick things off this summer!
During the course of the tour, we fielded a lot of questions around, “How do we work with Target?” This was primarily around retail technology and products looking for distribution. The more we dug into this, the more we realized this process can be a bit of a black hole for growing startup companies.
To help shed some light on this process, we are excited to partner with Target and hold a webinar this Friday, February 19th at 1 p.m. CST titled “Demystifying Big Retail for Startups.” I will be joined by Kate Whitcomb, Growth & Innovation Lead at Target — and together, we will break down the steps startups need to take to engage large retailers.
We will discuss a variety of topics, including:
- How does product get updated in a retail store? Who makes those decisions?
- What does a buyer do, and what does their team look like?
- What kind of questions will a buyer ask me if they are interested in my product?
- If a buyer is interested in my product, how long does it take for my product to hit the shelves?
- How many units might I be expected to fulfill in the first PO (and what’s a PO?)
Application deadline is March 20th and the program kicks off in June in Minneapolis! Apply now!
The Techstars Retail Accelerator in partnership with Target starts this year, and applications are now open. We are looking for 10 retail technology startups that are looking to disrupt the $22 trillion retail industry. Sound like you? Let’s chat!
We are jet setting across the country in the coming months to meet with founders and discuss this amazing opportunity in Minneapolis this upcoming summer. We’ll be visiting New York, Boston, Minneapolis, San Francisco and Seattle to meet with awesome founders building innovative retail technology.
We are looking for startups that are rooted in fundamentally improving the customer retail experience. This is fairly broad but can be applicable to everything from online, in-store, delivery, distribution, manufacturing, payments, logistics and beyond.
Techstars and Target will be on hand to explain this further, explain the perks of the program, and answer questions about the program. Food and drink will be provided.
2016 Info Sessions:
- New York City, RISE NYC: January 19th, 6:30-8:30PM – RSVP Here
- Boston, General Assembly Boston: January 21, 6:30-8:30PM – RSVP Here
- Minneapolis, Target Plaza Commons: January 26th, 5:00-7:00PM – RSVP Here
- Seattle, Startup Hall: February 9th, 6:30-8:30PM – RSVP Here
- San Francisco, Target Open House: February 11th, 6:30-8:30PM – RSVP Here
If you can’t join us for one of our information sessions in person, please join us for an online webinar. Ryan Broshar will lead a presentation on the program with time for Q&A from participants.
- February 2nd – Click here to sign up and attend
- February 16th – Click here to sign up and attend
- March 2nd – Click here to sign up and attend
- March 15th – Click here to sign up and attend
- March 17th – Click here to sign up and attend
2016 Key Program Dates:
- Final application deadline: March 20th
- Program begins: June 20th, 2016
- Demo Day: September 20th, 2016
Interesting in joining the program? Apply now!